Had this little gem come in the shop for an oil fill-up

220cummins

Wonder what happened to the rear, why were the drive axles out of it?

Hard to believe people that are this stupid can get a job driving a truck, very scary, to say the least!

Ron

He sold the rears for a Mack Trucks Turbin!....................... Is there one?

• Like 1

Probably the truck is a small owner operator with a couple of trucks. The rear went out so they pulled the axles and trying to limp it home to get worked on by the owners instead of a dealer charging $150 per hour plus paying for a weeks worth of perdeim and hotel for the driver I am sure there has been worse road side repairs

I did similar before with a m931 in Iraq during the first gulf war ended pulling both front axles shafts and grease bearings then stuck the caps back on run the truck like that for another 4 months before heading to Saudi Arabia did it on the side of the road with some basic tools in the Army it is called bdar battlefield damage assessment and repair

• Like 2

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

The Mack dealer charges $165 and couple of the other franchise shops charge a little less but unless it's a mom and pops it's at least $150 most of the moms and pops are $100 per hour or more and unless you know someone most of the tire shops are at least that much to swap a tire out.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 4 weeks later...