Lucky plow driver.

41chevy

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2017 at 3:14 PM, BillyT said:

When the road got icy on I 80 or the Pa tpke, I used to WAIT for the plow and them follow him!

I've done that before- I was coming back from Covington with an empty log trailer one time and pulled over on the ramp at exit 36, at the bottom of North Mountain. I-64 was completely snow covered, there was no way i'd make it up the mountain with the empty trailer. So, a salt truck finally goes by, I give him a pretty good head start, then follow him on up the mountain. Made it just fine until he took the crossover about a quarter of a mile from the top, then I was on my own, and I thought I wasn't going to make it that last quarter of a mile.

Sat on top of Sandstone coming east one night waiting on a salt truck that never did come. I sat there about an hour, while the snow was just getting deeper, and one of our trucks passed by going west and he said he thought I could make it. So I eased on down, by the time I got to the bottom the road was clear, and they had salted the other side. Sandstone is no hill to be taken lightly.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.