1961 Mack N68P Tidewater Mack

Tidewater Mack still has 2 B models sitting on the side lot in the back. If you look you can see them from the interstate. My local tow truck driver tried to get one a couple years ago but they wern't for sale. They have not moved in years. From the interstate they look to be in really good shape. One is supposed to be missing some motor parts though.

• 2 years later...

"The Tidewater N is one of those sad stories in fire truck collector circles. One of five N model fire trucks built by Mack it was cut up to make the pictured box truck."  

The Hicksville Floodlight Unit wasn't actually "cut up" to make the box truck. The FD remounted the Floodlight unit body on a Sutphen fire chassis in 1976, as a service life extention project. The surplus  Mack N chassis was sold to Tidewater,  saving it from languishing on a farm or in a boneyard. 

On 2/2/2014 at 11:26 AM, Superdog said:

I'd bet a six pack that stake bed is the one that's in Europe. Think someone posted a pic in the firetruck thread. The one in CA is a N613, and has budd wheels

Sorry,Hank.

This one was on Ebay a few years ago, I bid but didn't get it,don't know where it went.

Here's the one in Holland again

Mike the first flatbed belongs to my good friend Norm Taunton of Galt, CA fame. One of the finest and most knowledgeable Mack men around. He has owned that truck for many years. We all just like to give him a bad time after a few cocktails and call it his Ford.