Super Size Mack

other dog

The automatic transmission greatly detracts from the "truckliness" of this unit.

But it is the size of an apartment building

auto trans or not it is huge

it makes a R600 look like a honda civic

We had several 80 ton rock trucks plus all the 6x6,s had auto,s , never had a problem, can,t you imagine the size of clutch disc you would need for something like that, The 1st cat scraper i ran was a DW31 with a 3 speed, boy that gave you a work out, i will take the powershift anyday :mack1:

We had several 80 ton rock trucks plus all the 6x6,s had auto,s , never had a problem, can,t you imagine the size of clutch disc you would need for something like that, The 1st cat scraper i ran was a DW31 with a 3 speed, boy that gave you a work out, i will take the powershift anyday :mack1:

Back when I first moved to WI, I ran a "push cat" for a while, pushing scrapers, and one of the scrapers was an old Cat with a manual transmission.

The guy running that scraper let me know in no uncertain terms that when his bowl was full, I was to keep pushing until he pulled away on his own, because that way he could upshift, just like a truck transmission, had to let the RPM's drop and catch the next gear. If I stopped pushing when the scraper was full, like when pushing a powershift scraper, the old Cat scraper would stop rolling quicker than the RPM's could drop, and he couldn't upshift.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

The automatic transmission greatly detracts from the "truckliness" of this unit.

HAHA. Herb you should start "The Chruch of Stick".

The Lord hath bestow the manual gearbox upon mankind and there was much rejoicing. But take heed! The beast walks among us and has many names but one seeks to destroy our faith: ALLISON! Woe is he who walks with him for he is a heretic and shall be slain!

All of the big M series came with Clark Power shift Autos, possibly even Allison CLBT's.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Thad said:

The Lord hath bestow the manual gearbox upon mankind and there was much rejoicing. But take heed! The beast walks among us and has many names but one seeks to destroy our faith: ALLISON! Woe is he who walks with him for he is a heretic and shall be slain!

Hey, I like that one, Thad!

I may just use that sometime for a sig line! :lol:B)

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

That Mack is in Phoenix AZ,its is still being used as a matter of fact they have two of them.The trucks are owned by Mid-States trucking.I was out ther a few years back,I bought some B 53 Macks from them and they were getting the two big Macks ready for a job hauling a load to someplace in KS.

AL