28 Mack Ab , Backyard Find

Went to my friends to take a pic of a Bucyrus Erie 15B cable shovel to put on another forum. As i walked around the back side of Jims barn I noticed two school busses missing and that opened a veiw to a portable garage with a old truck in it. As I walked towards it I saw the :mack1: name on the grill and about dropped a load in my pants. Jim said its one of the last Macks his father had (George Humphrey). It is a 1928 Mack AB , I am told. Here are some pics , I hope they come through , they are from my camera phone. doug

Very nice truck.

Actually - a really nice collection of stuff altogether!

I like the Case crawler and the B-E hoe myself.

Thanks,

Paul Van Scott

Paul, it's like we're family around here; You can say Back End without the hyphen in the middle...... LOL!!

Couldn't help myself, Sorry!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yes , there was good collection of old goodies there. Does anyone by chance recognize the name Jim & George Humphrey. My friend is Jim, his father was George, they are in New Gloucester, Maine. They restored old mack trucks for quite a few people. I remember when I was younger them test driving old chain drive macks up and down my road. Jim does some automotive work now but has lots of old Mack pictures all around his shop. Just curious if someone has one of there restored trucks. Maybe this should have been it own thread? If so move it. Thanks, doug