Does Anybody Know If T Is Ok

Jocko

it sounds like a harley davidson

Now that's an idea! Repower a small tractor like this with a V-Twin. People would be looking around for a bike when in fact its just a tractor with a mover buzzing around on your lawn.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

do you know if this will hurt my engine ?

Well it may if there is an excessive lack of back pressure and may suck an exusht valve or burn it on lean fuel mix. to tell you the truth it is debatalbe with back pressure and exhust on what damage may occur. Also an incorrectly designed exhaust can cause loss of low rpm torque, and a decrease of fuel economy. of couse this is true for larger engines.

of course this might be true, Reducing exhaust backpressure can improve fuel economy and performance. Reducing restrictions in the exhaust system allows the exhaust to flow more easily so the engine can breathe more efficiently. The most common modification is to replace the stock muffler with a low restriction aftermarket . but for the sake of the enigne I would put glass packs or fart can on it. to tell the truth I would ask Rob on the issue. But for small engine it will not hurt i think.I think some harleys run straight pipe.

Well it may if there is an excessive lack of back pressure and may suck an exusht valve or burn it on lean fuel mix. to tell you the truth it is debatalbe with back pressure and exhust on what damage may occur. Also an incorrectly designed exhaust can cause loss of low rpm torque, and a decrease of fuel economy. of couse this is true for larger engines.

of course this might be true, Reducing exhaust backpressure can improve fuel economy and performance. Reducing restrictions in the exhaust system allows the exhaust to flow more easily so the engine can breathe more efficiently. The most common modification is to replace the stock muffler with a low restriction aftermarket . but for the sake of the enigne I would put glass packs or fart can on it. to tell the truth I would ask Rob on the issue. But for small engine it will not hurt i think.I think some harleys run straight pipe.

Mopar has given you some good information. I feel a little back pressure in the exhaust is inherent as there is restriction to flow in any pipe no matter how large or small. Lessening this restriction is what performance tuners want. Personally I don't like loud pipes but I am older than you and probably out of touch. As suggested install an aftermarket low restriction muffler and it will be much easier to live with.

I would agree that it is debatable as to damage that could incurr due to back pressure. I would think it would be more paramount to survival to have a free flowing exhaust in an air cooled engine verses a liquid cooled one. Cylinder head temperature is critical on those whether it is valve in head, or valve in block. "Stellite", or sodium filled valves were introduced to combat the heat that is generated in the valves due to exhaust temperatures.

A free flowing exhaust system tends to reduce exhaust temperature at the head where a restrictive exhaust does the opposite.

I like those old Wheel Horses. Haven't seen one in a while.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

An open exhaust will hurt your ears a lot more than it would hurt the engine. The longer the pipe the less noise, the shorter it is the more noise, and more likely for the engine to lean out at high speed with stock jetting. This is completely unimportant unless you plan on adding a roll bar and taking it to the lawnmower race.

I knew Rob would know more on the issue of exhust back pressure then I will ever know. I know a little but not enough to pass an A1 ASE.

I want to know if plan on other mods on the mower or keep it looking stock.

the stock look is cool

rims ok mod

spinners heck no!

22"s another heck no!!

Walmart spinner hub caps HECK NO!

cragers cool yes!! :DB)

8 ball shifter knob awsome

flames so over done and over used!

red always a classic and nice color

rember there is asuch thing as too much chorme and billit.

I would ask Rob and Bollweevil for some more things to add to this list of mods.

Jocko please tell me of your plans, mild or wild

Mopar has given you some good information. I feel a little back pressure in the exhaust is inherent as there is restriction to flow in any pipe no matter how large or small. Lessening this restriction is what performance tuners want. Personally I don't like loud pipes but I am older than you and probably out of touch.

Rob

Rob, I'm older than you and I like loud pipes! If it was up to me, mufflers would be outlawed.

As for the "out of touch" part, well, that would probably apply. lol.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Rob, I'm older than you and I like loud pipes! If it was up to me, mufflers would be outlawed.

As for the "out of touch" part, well, that would probably apply. lol.

Momma always says that I'm "way out there".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I plan on getting a chrome stallion for the hood.I would get a Bulldog for the hood but its a wheelhorse.there are two reasons why i wanted it straight piped 1. I LOVE how it looks. and 2. I wanted to get more power out of it because i also have a plow for the tractor and when it snows i wanted to plow driveway I figured i could make a buck off of it and i like to work on it also its ALOT cheaper than a Mack B Model.

I plan on getting a chrome stallion for the hood.I would get a Bulldog for the hood but its a wheelhorse.there are two reasons why i wanted it straight piped 1. I LOVE how it looks. and 2. I wanted to get more power out of it because i also have a plow for the tractor and when it snows i wanted to plow driveway I figured i could make a buck off of it and i like to work on it also its ALOT cheaper than a Mack B Model.

Well that is a cool plan

B)

along with the exhust I would do some sort of air intake too

since with the exhust mod there would be more flow going out you need have some air going in.

since all engines are air pumps

also may be an ignition mod

agian some thing I would ask Rob and/or HK Truck and/or Bollweevil on

Here's the one that I had. Note the bulldog on the hood, and the Mack "backrest" on the seat.

4-27-07005.jpg

It was a 1972 model, I was the 2nd owner. Sold it about a year ago when I moved to a smaller place in town.

Here's the one that I had. Note the bulldog on the hood, and the Mack "backrest" on the seat.

4-27-07005.jpg

It was a 1972 model, I was the 2nd owner. Sold it about a year ago when I moved to a smaller place in town.

My rendition of the willing pulling the real; Notice the hoods of both trucks:

Put a Bulldog on it; It will last forever.

Rob

post-78-1246499315_thumb.jpg

My rendition of the willing pulling the real; Notice the hoods of both trucks:

Put a Bulldog on it; It will last forever.

Rob

Rob, you may have seen this one when you stopped by a few years ago, I put the bulldog on top of the bumper :

Equipment013.jpg

Rob, you may have seen this one when you stopped by a few years ago, I put the bulldog on top of the bumper :

Equipment013.jpg

No I didn't Herb. You had a red one ton in the garage, and the RB dumper in the shop was all that I'd seen. You were consistent with the green, red, and white paint schemes. Looks good.

When I put the dog on my hood I spent quite a bit of time fitting the base to the compound curvature of the hood panel. Lots of time spent filing, then polishing to the correct contour. I then sent the base into the plating shop and had it chromed.

Rob

Equipment013.jpg

is that a v10 or a Cummins powered truck?

it is hard to tell by badges alone

to me it looks like a v10

please tell me

is that a v10 or a Cummins powered truck?

it is hard to tell by badges alone

to me it looks like a v10

please tell me

5.9 gas.

I bought it used for a good price.

Had I spec'ed it out new it would have definitely had a Cummins.

5.9 gas.

I bought it used for a good price.

Had I spec'ed it out new it would have definitely had a Cummins.

5.9 v8 that is a pretty decent gas engine along with the v10.

still that is a cool truck for a gas powered machine.