Air Dryer

Mike

Mike,

I just recently bought a Bendix AD-9 dryer and mount.

It's around $400.00 with the mount and harness, and

a pretty standard air dryer in the industry.

But - I don't think I'm going to use it in the B-67.

It's just too big!

Probably, I'll end up looking for a particular Haldex unit, that

I know is quite a bit smaller, and less expensive.

The fact is - the way that we use these trucks, I'm not really

convinced that we need air dryers at all. Good routine air tank

draining should take care of any moisture or oil issues.

Paul Van Scott

Trying to decide which air-dryer to mount on the B 61. Some suggestions welcome........:lol:...... :).....like to go simple, but good enough to get the job done right.

Thanks

mike :mack1:

You can find the Bendix AD 9 laying around everywhere. If you will take the time to look, someone will give you one. Just be sure to get the mounting brackets to go with it. They have been used for a number of years, and do a good job. The best thing about these is that you can completely rebuild it for around $75.00. You will need to take the filter to turn in, as the core charge is about as much as the filter. Fleet Pride, or Truck Pro, usually stocks the unloader kit and the filter.

Keep your tanks drained and they will outlast you without a dryer. It is the hot compressed air cooling down after it leaves the discharge of the compressor that condenses in the tank(s). If you drain the accumulated moisture routinely tanks last a very long time. Certainly not saying it is not a good idea but for a hobby truck operated normally in nice weather, there is not a lot to gain except maintenance every year or so.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

First and foremost, thanks for the reply's. I like the idea of the dryer, but think like Rob does about this simple method. Yes i'll have to drive it when it's cold just to keep things lubed. One thing I have not figured out quite yet, is how to keep air in the tank for the 30/30 spring brakes if it needs to stay drained. Sorry, stupid question. done figured it out. :lol: For the spring brakes to hold the air will be exhausted thus brakes will be holding the drums........ GOT IT....LOUD & CLEAR!!!!........office work has gotten to me this week. Our Diesel Generator 60 KW almost ran out of fuel last week. The gauge showed 350 gals. I called the oil co. to fill the 500 gal. underground tank. They used a stick to make sure but filled it to the neck. After coming back from the weekend, I checked the diesel room and lo and behold the fuel had expanded from the tank cause of the extreme heat and ran the prime tank over into the floor. So I had to clean that up with absorbant, took me several days because of all the other duties in the building......just part of all the fun I do. :)

Again Many Thanks

mike :mack1: