My Gallery Pictures

Hi,

A few people have asked about the unusal "payload" on my trailer in some my pictures of my truck. When I got my truck it was a big day for me and everyone else around, mainly thats all I talked about for weeks. My best friends dad had been a truck driver all his life and was more than happy to tell you good truck driving story, while enjoying a cold beer. I asked him if He would show me how to shift the trans. and he did. After that was all done he joking told his son and me that he wanted to be hauled to the cemetary on" that old mack truck" when it was time. Well we didn't think much about it at the time and of course I agreed. I never realy thought too much about it after that day.

I got word from my good friend that his dad had passed away, and that when making arangements that I needed to get ready. Ready for what I asked, he I nformed me that his dad had In with his will writen down what he wanted at his funeral. No suit, no tie, and haul me with "that old mack". So a group of friends and myself cleaned everything up, put a hitch on the truck for the trailer. Worked on the truck all night.

Everything went as planed and went without a problem. Everyone that knew Jerry thought that was exactly what he wanted.

So. thats the story, I was, and still am, very proud to give a old trucker the last ride home.

Fred

:SMOKIE-LFT:

• Like 1
15 gears...no waiting!

Glad you could do it Fred. Neat story.

Being a drag racer.............there was a fellow racer that passed away from cancer a few years back and his last request was a trip down the track. So.........on the way to cemetary the hearse made a pit stop, the owner opened the track and he made...one more pass... :thumb:

Larry

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"