I asked this question on the ATHS site also

I took the Dog out for a short run today and decided to go past the local gravel pit to get it weighed. weighed in at ...15,680 lbs

the truck is basicly 100% stock and had about 40 gallons of fuel.

heavy aftermarket add ons are

2 line wet kit

45 gal hyd oil

steel tool box

alum 1/2 fenders

Truck is a "lightweight" version, Mack RS700"L" L = lightweight componets used?

Is this an AVG weight, heavy,light???

Trent

That's a respectable weight- some of the newer tractors weigh close to 20,000 pounds fueled up and ready for the road. A Postal Service CH613 tractor with that much fuel and no wet kit, toolbox, etc. weights a bit over 16,000 pounds for comparison.

over 16,000! for a plane equiped CH...WOW! I thought that these new trucks were all in the mid 15,000 range wet.

I figure that with a full tank of fuel ( 86 more gallons of fuel, or 126 gallons total) I would add about 605 pounds.

15680 + 605 = 16,285 wet,

guess thats not to bad.

Trent

over 16,000! for a plane equiped CH...WOW! I thought that these new trucks were all in the mid 15,000 range wet.

I figure that with a full tank of fuel ( 86 more gallons of fuel, or 126 gallons total) I would add about 605 pounds.

15680 + 605 = 16,285 wet,

guess thats not to bad.

Trent

My 85 R model tandem with 42" bunk double frame weighe about 19600 with 250US gal of fuel,my 86 had a heavy single frame weided about 700# less

Pete

The Postal Serviice Macks have the 300 horse E7 with Allison automatic, Eaton rears (power divider guarenteed to blow before 400,000 miles) on Hendrickson air ride, air starter, 60 gallon tank, and no air conditioning or even a radio. The CH613 tractor weights around 16,200 pounds with me and maybe 30 gallons of fuel, so they're under 16,000 pounds empty. The MR613 tractor weights around 17,000 pounds, probably due to the 1/4 inch thick front bumper with a 1/4 inch reinforcement behind it, the deep belly frame, and all the other heavy duty stuf that makes an MR an MR.