Series Parallel Switch Question Barry Help Please

PUT NEW BATTERYS , fresh motor oil flushed radator , put seafoam treatment & fresh diesel (along w/ new filters) went to cranck him up (after 2 years of sitting :blink:) nothing not even a whirl

so i tried jumping off nothing got to the switch tried to jump it by shorting starter turning over but sounds like not fast enough the ole 711 got a real slow turn to him like not enough juice going to him (i know better than to short it out fellas but im desprate to hear him & see put out that :SMOKIE-RT: out the stack of my s/a B-Model i even got a buddy mine to try to pull start him off w/ his 1ton chevy the "old dog " as i call him will cranck no more than 25 feet at most uaually (my dad & grandfather was bad about swiping batterys from 1 truck to another so this how i know bout how far to pull the "old dog") but nothing motor turning over making smoke (white & black) when pulling off air compresser making air i had brakes when 1 ton was pulling me

he wants to come back to life but my question is does the electrical system affect it even when pull starting do i need to replace the switch ? or do i have bigger problems ? i hope its somthing simple like maybe the switch or a lose connection

normally the "old dog" gives me no problems when the "pups" would

help yall please im running outta ideas :wacko::(

bulldog man (aka Mack)

BTW Barry i still have my cover fer the switch but i like that diamond plate cover i might get 1 as well as the switch ;)

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

bulldog man-the electrical system will not keep it from starting if your pull starting, since you changed the fuel filter you might have air in the system, if you have a primer pump on the side of your injector pump loosen the inlet hose where it goes into the injector pump and then pump the primer until you have a steady flow with no air comeing out, tighten the hose and give HER a pull. If your getting good fuel to the injectors SHE should fire up. Good luck with HER!! PS make sure the fuel shutoff lever on the pump is all the way open.

bulldog man-the electrical system will not keep it from starting if your pull starting, since you changed the fuel filter you might have air in the system, if you have a primer pump on the side of your injector pump loosen the inlet hose where it goes into the injector pump and then pump the primer until you have a steady flow with no air comeing out, tighten the hose and give HER a pull. If your getting good fuel to the injectors SHE should fire up. Good luck with HER!! PS make sure the fuel shutoff lever on the pump is all the way open.

I have the s/p switch etc...but I agreee with MACKS, if you can't get it started by pulling it, something else is wrong. More than likely it is something with the fuel system...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Today i cracked both lines that i replaced saturday & reprimed system (handpump ) clean fuel came through thankfully (i done this thinking some old fuel might had still been in system & might had geled & check see if i had any air in it as well ) also checked the shutoff lever is ok as well, thinking maybe trash in line maybe any ideas ?

but i dont if i mentioned this yesterday or not i couldnt get him to start by igntion(spell?) switch even w/ 2 brand new hot batterys thats reason i thought of the parallel switch maybe a loose ground wire somewhere other than stater (i checked that one ) that im unaware of ? maybe generator ? ideas yall?

the fuel problem isnt driving me nuts like the electrical problem is electric was never my best thing even to this day but this "pup" is willing to learn ;)

im gonna get my buddy back over again this weekend since i checked lines & try to pull him off again .

Yall have a goodone

Mack

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: