Mack Granite From 370 To 450

sixfourkid

Hey guys, I got this new mack granite, we havent even used yet. Me being the idiot i am. I wanna squeeze more power outta this thing. So my question is, the truck has the maxitourqe 370 excusses me for my ignorance on the model number of the moter.. Is there anyway to turn these trucks from 370 to 450 or is it gonna be to much money and not even worth it for the little bit extra. And would it be dependable.

2008 Ford F-250 6.4l Crew Cab short Bet lifted on 20s

2007 Mack Granite ( Still waiting to put a Dump box on)

2005 Cat 257B Track skid Steer

1997 Cat 312B

1993 Ford L8000 15' heil dump box

1990 Mack CH set back axle

1988 Cat 953

Not Bad for a only being 22

2007 Granite, MP7 or ASET engine? The easy way to tell between the two: MP series engines were painted red, the ASET was gray or black I think.

If its a dump truck from what you list in your sig then 370 might be enough. Is it a tandem or tri axle and how much weight are you grossing?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

2007 Granite, MP7 or ASET engine? The easy way to tell between the two: MP series engines were painted red, the ASET was gray or black I think.

If its a dump truck from what you list in your sig then 370 might be enough. Is it a tandem or tri axle and how much weight are you grossing?

Its the Mp7, Tandem axel, the heaviest i ever pull is 65,000. I would just like to bump it alittle if it is possible with out to much of a hassel. I

1997 Cat 312B

1988 Cat 953

Its the Mp7, Tandem axel, the heaviest i ever pull is 65,000. I would just like to bump it alittle if it is possible with out to much of a hassel. I

The MP7 is only rated to 405HP, beyond that the MP8 is used to 485HP. Anything beyond 405HP on an MP7 and your going to have to play with turbo's and computer settings with a chip. And that's hoping its a pre-2007 emissions truck. Screwing with the emissions systems can cause all kinds of problems and is illegal :( .

-Thad

The MP7 is only rated to 405HP, beyond that the MP8 is used to 485HP. Anything beyond 405HP on an MP7 and your going to have to play with turbo's and computer settings with a chip. And that's hoping its a pre-2007 emissions truck. Screwing with the emissions systems can cause all kinds of problems and is illegal :( .

No its a pre 2007, with out any of that emisions crap on it. How would i turn it to 405? Thanks, for the input

1997 Cat 312B

1988 Cat 953

No its a pre 2007, with out any of that emisions crap on it. How would i turn it to 405? Thanks, for the input

For that I am pretty sure all you need to do is go to a Mack dealer, give them lots of money and they will program the ECU for 405HP :D . Its silly to charge so much for a simple software update, something that has been done for free with computers for ages. It bet its only a few bytes (maybe even bits!) to tell the ECU to work at 405HP.

I doubt there are any Blixton like modules for the MP7 unless someone knows of one. This new stuff is going to get to the point where modding the engine for more power is going to be impossible without breaking the law.

-Thad

• 3 weeks later...
You wouldn't believe the expense we go thru to communicate with these trucks. The laptop alone is around 4000.00. So with that said, I don't think some charges are that out of line.

Just take the $4k and teach it to talk to you like the knight rider car...but not with David Hasselhof

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

You wouldn't believe the expense we go thru to communicate with these trucks. The laptop alone is around 4000.00. So with that said, I don't think some charges are that out of line.

I just ordered another laptop through Mack. "Toughbook" with all software already loaded, it was $4100.00 and that was with out the interface to hook to the truck. We have had our other "Toughbook" for almost 4 years and it has been great, it was worth the money. What really bad is there are no troubleshooting books for 2008 and up engines, it all on the software on the computer.