2003 Mack 427 Oil Coming From Blow-by Tube

heffe124

i have 2003 mack 427 dump truck i have spent about 8000 dollars try to find why oil is coming from my blow by tube i know sounds easy turbo replaced twice new air compressor new rings had all the upadates could there be somthing with this motor different. i am really out of options. help

i have 2003 mack 427 dump truck i have spent about 8000 dollars try to find why oil is coming from my blow by tube i know sounds easy turbo replaced twice new air compressor new rings had all the upadates could there be somthing with this motor different. i am really out of options. help

How much oil! ? Do you have the valve cover breather kit installed?

Below is the tool we use to check turbos and boost leaks.

post-1344-1239193987_thumb.jpg

post-1344-1239194061_thumb.jpg

post-1344-1239193929_thumb.jpg

this update has already been installed loses more oil at higher speed about three gallons if you get over 65mph

Jake or power leash!If jake remove valve covers and check to see if the plugs havent come out of the rocker shafts

If leash I would lean towards the turbo Again.Turbos can build preasure on the exhast side causing exsess blow by puting preasure in the base and blowing the oil out where ever it can.

Sorry I put the pics in the wrong post.

Boost /turbo test tool! We use this tool to check for problems like yours it requires you remove the exhast the inlet pipes and the turbo drain tube to check for

the problem you are haveing and apply 30-40 psi air to it!If the turbo passes air thru the turbo drain there inlies your problem if you hear air coming up from the

base still you have other problems ie: rings or valve guides!

Just something else to think on!

Please post your Fixes for others to see!

It makes the fourm more useful and It benefits everyone!

Fred

post-1344-1239194304_thumb.jpg

:\Documents and Settings\Laura\My Documents\My Pictures\turbo

post-1344-1239194293_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Could be the rings were put on wrong. Very easy to do. If the heads weren't replaced they could be cracked. Just a thought.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.