Thermodyne Fuel Filter

I'm wanting to update my Thermodyne fuel and oil filter to a more up to date set up. Just wondering who has done it, what they did and where do I find it. My old fuel filter leaks and my Luberfiner weeps, don't like it. Any help appreciated..

Hi Tony, replacing the fuel filter is not difficult as there are a lot of filter mountings readily obtainable for a modern spin on type arrangement that are easily bolted on after fashioning a braket to retain it. I see them on ebay often.

The Luberfiner 500 you currently have on the engine is a bypass oil filter and there is really nothing wrong with it, but there are spin on adapter kits available to replace it also. Barry on this site has, or used to have them available in the B model store.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'm wanting to update my Thermodyne fuel and oil filter to a more up to date set up. Just wondering who has done it, what they did and where do I find it. My old fuel filter leaks and my Luberfiner weeps, don't like it. Any help appreciated..
As for nas the oil filter dont try to install a full flow because there is no full flow galley to the out side of the engine. In other words if it ant a full flow system it cant be changed to a full flow. And if yours have only one filter for oil and it is the luberfinder 500 then it is not a fullo flow statem. The screw on filter for a by/pass fillter to take the place of a 750 or a 500 will use a 777 filter .

glenn akers