Mack E6-350 Engines:

I have one of these engines, with Jakes (which I've never driven) and was wondering if this engine is a good candidate for my daughter's B61 project. The truck has a double over tri-plex trans with a 4.25 rear, on 22 inch rubber. I would like input from persons with experience both from the driver's seat, and maintenance personell, with this series of engine. It is a two valve head edition, and is a 1982 model year from a WS series Mack. It does run well, (on a stand) but I have not actually driven it.

I'm looking for good, usable, and unbiased input before I "freshen" this motor up prior to installation into the chassis. Please include any pros, and cons, to the issue.

Thanks for your time.

Regards;

Rob Swallows

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The E6-350 is a benchmark engine for Mack. IMO it is one of the best, all around platforms to build on. Parts are fairly cheap and plentiful. I say go for it!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I belive the mech 350 is an econodyne and is suggestive to use a gearbox with more than 5 gears to properly work. I have driven plenty of E6 300s and 350s both 2V and 4V and all were reliable. All the 350s that we use at Kanzler Const have 9 speeds or 13 speeds. The 9sp is my choice as it goes pretty good for a city truck, the 13 speed has lots of top end for the big road. so a triplex would be fine if it can handel the extra TQ. I do however not like the electronic 350HP as it feels like a dog running through thick mud. but thats what we get with emissions. some one had posted a chart on the old BMT board of the diffrent E-6, Hp ratings and fuel flow I cant find it but it may have had a econodyne chart as well??

EDIT: found the charts today

237 maxidyneHP chart

250 econodyne HP chart

Thermodyne HP chart

:mack1: