Fuel System Bleed And Filters

GGB3_MS

Hey y'all,

What is the best procedure to bleed a END711, if it were to run out of fuel? Does fuel run back out of the system if it were low? My B61T has sat for about two weeks and it would hit a few times, however, would not run. It has always started very quickly in the past. Seems like it is not getting fuel. Thanks for any info. I am trying to find the correct fuel and oil filters for it now. I understand the Fram filter numbers are C1164PL for fuel and the C206 for bypass oil.

George

There should be a hand pump on side of inj. pump. I've had to use this to prime/fill the filter after changing it. Even had to do it when I ran it low on fuel once. Usually takes 20+ pumps to get it running again. If the hand plunger has no resistance, then it's not picking up fuel..once it gets some resistance then you can tell it's drawing fuel.

If it bleeds off from just sitting...then there are issues. I don't have the knowledge so someone needs to speak up. The pump is below the filter so it should have no problem after you get it primed first time.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

There should be a hand pump on side of inj. pump.  I've had to use this to prime/fill the filter after changing it.  Even had to do it when I ran it low on fuel once.  Usually takes 20+ pumps to get it running again.  If the hand plunger has no resistance, then it's not picking up fuel..once it gets some resistance then you can tell it's drawing fuel.

If it bleeds off from just sitting...then there are issues.  I don't have the knowledge so someone needs to speak up.  The pump is below the filter so it should have no problem after you get it primed first time.

You can remove the inlet hose at the pump and put an air hose in the fuel tank that fuel is drawn from. Hold a rag around the air hose and fuel will be forced through the filters. The rag method will allow enough presure to get the job done but not enough to do any damage. Don't get carried away and hook it up directly to the tank as 100+ psi in a fuel tank could make a pretty good bang if it was to cut loose! More is not always better.

David