I would say that is a Renault because of which side the steering wheel is on, They All was Renault, Mack just sold them as a mid size truck with MACK accross the front , i had one it wasn,t to bad, pretty relieable, i just wonder how you are going to tilt the cab up on yours.

Hi

I have just bought myself a new (new to me) horsebox truck. It was sold to me as a 1988 Renault Midliner but since looking on the net at some pics it looks alot more like the Mack Midliner to me but i am a complete novice when it comes to the models of trucks :unsure: ........what do you think??

renault3.jpg

Hi, I'm pretty sure it is pure Renault. Regards Jeff.

Looks like a Renault badge on the door. Jeff

He did ask what we think

Yes, he said it is a Renault on his paperwork

but If I owned a Magirus I would find a Renault Badge for the door or a Mack grill

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

You could find pretty many badges for this cab. The cab was a result of a cooperation of 4 truck companies and also was used by several small companies which build special-purpose vehicles. The 4 Companies who made build this cab where Magirus Deutz (later Iveco), Saviem (later Renault), Volvo and Daf. The Renault cab was also badged as Mack for the US-market, there was also a conventional version sold by Mack. Renault also had a big conventional with the cab, but this truck was not sold as Mack. The Volvo cab also was available in the US. A realy big conventional was build by Nicolas they used the Renault cab for an oilfield bed truck with 21R25 tires. The Renault cab also was used by a french construction an special-purpose vehicle manufacturer Thomas Constructeurs. Terberg a dutch construction truck manufacturer used the Volvo cab. There a variety of small manufacturers that used the cab is to big to keep the overview.

You could find pretty many badges for this cab. The cab was a result of a cooperation of 4 truck companies and also was used by several small companies which build special-purpose vehicles. The 4 Companies who made build this cab where Magirus Deutz (later Iveco), Saviem (later Renault), Volvo and Daf. The Renault cab was also badged as Mack for the US-market, there was also a conventional version sold by Mack. Renault also had a big conventional with the cab, but this truck was not sold as Mack. The Volvo cab also was available in the US. A realy big conventional was build by Nicolas they used the Renault cab for an oilfield bed truck with 21R25 tires. The Renault cab also was used by a french construction an special-purpose vehicle manufacturer Thomas Constructeurs. Terberg a dutch construction truck manufacturer used the Volvo cab. There a variety of small manufacturers that used the cab is to big to keep the overview.

Boy, that is alot of info thanks

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM