2060 With A 237?

RW753

I am thinking about puting a T2060A in a R-Model single axle dump with a 237. The truck has a 4.88 rear ratio. Has anyone used this combo? I am concerned the step from fifth to six may be to great. This is not a work truck.

Edited by RW753

With that rear end ratio it will not have enough reduction in low gear for off road work.

It'll sure fly down the road though, I didn't do the math, but I'd suspect 80mph+ @ 2100 RPM.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

IIRC, the 237 Maxidyne puts out over 200 horses clear down to 1200 RPM, so it'd probably handle the upshift OK. The 2060 has a low range gear, so it should be able to start up any load unless you're pulling an extremely heavy trailer. For a "play truck" it'd probably be just fine though.

With 1100x22.5:

2100 RPM in direct = 51.6 MPH

1254 RPM in overdrive = 51.6 MPH

2100 RPM in overdrive =86.4 MPH

It takes forever to shift from direct to overdrive. By the time you get it in gear if your speed drops to 45 MPH you'll hit the fuel at 1100 RPM's. If your going up hill, keep it in direct!

I like this tranny for it's simplicity (T-2060-A).The "A" does not use an air shift. I don't have a chart for the A but I am assuming the ratios are the same as the air shift . The unit is the a complete take out w/ a pto. The R model I want to put it into only has 17,000K on it so I don't want to mess with the rear if I don't have to. It has a little 5 speed direct in it now that looks like a quad with out the compound. I want to be able to run about 70 with out buzzing at 2100 rpm so I think the ratio is ok if I can only get there .I will also be putting a Jake on it which will be helping with my shift.

Edited by RW753

Again assuming 1100x22.5, 70 MPH = 1700 RPM.

The truck has 10 X20" tires on the drives, 11Rx22.5 steers. All the tires are like new so I guess I will leave them on for a while.

I won the tranny on E bay for $500. It is complete with the shift lever, tranny mounts, PTO and the yoke. Now I can install the transmisson and get a new driveline made. (there is a fire pump in the driveline now)

Thanks for everyones help