E7 Injectors

Hello all, we are new to this site. We are a full service diesel repair shop in Elk Grove Village ill. We work on all makes of trucks and heavy equipment but primarily Macks. Wondering if anyone can help us on this one. We have a 1994 Ch613 with a 4 valve E7 and the injectors were rebuilt at a local injection shop and they sent the new seal kits with the injectors and the seal arrangement is unkown to us and the shop doesnt know what to tell us, the local Mack dealer wont help either. We went by our current manual(not mack specific) and the engine isnt getting compression :( . Please HELP!!!!

Hello all, we are new to this site. We are a full service diesel repair shop in Elk Grove Village ill. We work on all makes of trucks and heavy equipment but primarily Macks. Wondering if anyone can help us on this one. We have a 1994 Ch613 with a 4 valve E7 and the injectors were rebuilt at a local injection shop and they sent the new seal kits with the injectors and the seal arrangement is unkown to us and the shop doesnt know what to tell us, the local Mack dealer wont help either. We went by our current manual(not mack specific) and the engine isnt getting compression :( . Please HELP!!!!

Brother ,I don't really under stand your problem but !If your talking about the orings on the injectors they simply have done away with the lower oring on the injector it is not needed the steel washer seals the bottom and the first oring fom the bottom does not need to be there,As for your compression problem Its not injector problem !Your valveset or timing is out some where if you have no compression. Is it a vmac or mech governer.???If you get the oring in the wrong place the injecton line will leak at the head.

Are you sure the fuel is getting to the injectors!

Brother ,I don't really under stand your problem but !If your talking about the orings on the injectors they simply have done away with the lower oring on the injector it is not needed the steel washer seals the bottom and the first oring fom the bottom does not need to be there,As for your compression problem Its not injector problem !Your valveset or timing is out some where if you have no compression. Is it a vmac or mech governer.???If you get the oring in the wrong place the injecton line will leak at the head.

Are you sure the fuel is getting to the injectors!

Thanks for your response. The problem is compression not fuel its one of those deals where were overthinking. The seals are as you said they should be on injectors. The customer pulled his heads off and we got the truck in pieces! We set the valves over and over again. Settings kept changing? No mark on balancer and we cannot find the mark on flywheel. Guess were just gonna have to bring #1 up on compression and go one cylinder at a time. Timing is ok. Oh it is a vmac. The three of us here are just frustrated with this one! :angry:

You will need to adjust the valves in fireing order with each cyl on top dead center,once you get tdc for number one then you can mark out the balancer for the rest.

The marks should be on the flywheel the small cover on the bottom with 6 bolts !If you can't find em ,To get it close do it the old fashoined way !Valve overlap!Get the valves on number 6 rocking (one going down one going up!)

Set the valve on( one) move along in firing order ================= 153

========================== ========================= 624

see how I have placed the numbers above?? look at the bottom and set the top #/ then look at the top and set the bottom#!

It will run.Thous pistons are married to each other on the exsact same stroke doing a diffrent job at the exsact same time.

Give it a go it will run.

The marks should be on the flywheel the small cover on the bottom with 6 bolts !If you can't find em ,To get it close do it the old fashoined way !Valve overlap!Get the valves on number 6 rocking (one going down one going up!)

Set the valve on( one) move along in firing order ================= 153

========================== ========================= 624

see how I have placed the numbers above?? look at the bottom and set the top #/ then look at the top and set the bottom#!

It will run.Thous pistons are married to each other on the exsact same stroke doing a diffrent job at the exsact same time.

Give it a go it will run.

ok im gonna give that a try thank you very much. I will let you know what happens

Good!To add Another trick , mark the damper on the first three as the next three come up you don't need to watch the valves.

Ok its done and shes running. I noticed that when the engine is being barred over the exhaust valves actually begin to move down slightly just before you get to the mark then up when you hit the mark? this is where we went wrong in the first place, when we double checked things after setting the valves the exhaust valves had excessive lash so we were setting them there and then when you would actually hit the mark and the exhaust valves were open. Can you or anyone help me understand this? :(

Ok its done and shes running. I noticed that when the engine is being barred over the exhaust valves actually begin to move down slightly just before you get to the mark then up when you hit the mark? this is where we went wrong in the first place, when we double checked things after setting the valves the exhaust valves had excessive lash so we were setting them there and then when you would actually hit the mark and the exhaust valves were open. Can you or anyone help me understand this? :(

Good to hear!

Did you use the over lap method or did you Finally find marks ?I cant tell ya why ,but every mack engine with a dynatard cam will do as you discribe I accept it they have been that way since Ive been working on them!But When you think on it, as the slave fills on the dynatard it takes up the 24 thou set plus 70 thou so there in lies the depression just before tdc. It likly lets the slave fill to its fullest extent ! Even if the engine has a jake or no jake the cam will have a dynatard bump for the most part!The DT cam is standard issue no matter which brake or if no brake is installed!The E 6 came without no brake cam earlier on ,but as time ticked on it was standard on E6 engines reguardless ,all came with the depression and bump.E7 it was always standard issue.

Good to hear!

Did you use the over lap method or did you Finally find marks ?I cant tell ya why ,but every mack engine with a dynatard cam will do as you discribe I accept it they have been that way since Ive been working on them!But When you think on it, as the slave fills on the dynatard it takes up the 24 thou set plus 70 thou so there in lies the depression just before tdc. It likly lets the slave fill to its fullest extent ! Even if the engine has a jake or no jake the cam will have a dynatard bump for the most part!The DT cam is standard issue no matter which brake or if no brake is installed!The E 6 came without no brake cam earlier on ,but as time ticked on it was standard on E6 engines reguardless ,all came with the depression and bump.E7 it was always standard issue.

We used the overlap method just as you told us to do. THANK YOU! None of us knew about the cam deprssion and thats where things went wrong for us. We set em and then checked em found the 70 thou and set the exhaust again. Hence no compression. ( Dumbasses! ). lol Thank you again for your help and especially the explanation of the cam cause even though we got it running we had no idea why this was happening wich drove us all nuts. Now we will be able to sleep tonight. Thank you again

We used the overlap method just as you told us to do. THANK YOU! None of us knew about the cam deprssion and thats where things went wrong for us. We set em and then checked em found the 70 thou and set the exhaust again. Hence no compression. ( Dumbasses! ). lol Thank you again for your help and especially the explanation of the cam cause even though we got it running we had no idea why this was happening wich drove us all nuts. Now we will be able to sleep tonight. Thank you again

Well done, And your welcome. Anytime.