Inforation Re B85f

linmac

I am seeking information with regard to my B85F Ladder truck. It is a 1957 model and when I purchased it about 2 years ago in New York the markings on it indicated that it was in service in Middleburgh in NY in the Catskills. I have since imported it to Australia where we undertook a complete restoration of it. It now lives in my large shed with my other restored Macks. A B613S, a R 600 (Flintstone-we call them here) and my R688. The b85F has a 75foot ladder and absolutely everything works like new. I took it for a run the other day and I had to hold it back when its speed exceeded our Australian Highway speed of 60mph, but it had plenty in reserve. It has the 707 gas engine with duel ignition. The serial number is 1298. I would love to hear from anyone who can provide me with the history of this vehicle so I can put it on the information board that I take when we go to shows etc. Original photos would be great. In anticipation. Thanks Linmac

Linmac, If you send the ser.# to the Mack Museum, they will in turn send you any info. they have about that rig. You should be able to find them at Mack.com. I think there is a link at this web site? Good Luck with your ,also you might want to take a look at SPAAMFAA.Org site it is for Fire Truck owners. Tinman ( Ray )

Linmac, If you send the ser.# to the Mack Museum, they will in turn send you any info. they have about that rig. You should be able to find them at Mack.com. I think there is a link at this web site? Good Luck with your ,also you might want to take a look at SPAAMFAA.Org site it is for Fire Truck owners. Tinman ( Ray )
Many thanks for the information. I e-mailed the Mack Museum and they have responded already. They will check their records and post me anything they have. Many thanks, Graham

I am seeking information with regard to my B85F Ladder truck. It is a 1957 model and when I purchased it about 2 years ago in New York the markings on it indicated that it was in service in Middleburgh in NY in the Catskills. I have since imported it to Australia where we undertook a complete restoration of it. It now lives in my large shed with my other restored Macks. A B613S, a R 600 (Flintstone-we call them here) and my R688. The b85F has a 75foot ladder and absolutely everything works like new. I took it for a run the other day and I had to hold it back when its speed exceeded our Australian Highway speed of 60mph, but it had plenty in reserve. It has the 707 gas engine with duel ignition. The serial number is 1298. I would love to hear from anyone who can provide me with the history of this vehicle so I can put it on the information board that I take when we go to shows etc. Original photos would be great. In anticipation. Thanks Linmac

I know that rig very well., I used to pass it alot on my way to my upstate home in New York. It is from Long Island NY when new and they bought it used. I was going to buy it mself to match my 1957 B-95 #1020 but didnt have a place to kept inside at the time. Can you show us a photo of it now and I will do a little diging in the past on your rig. Here is my B-95 form Port Chester New York.

post-538-1234463151_thumb.jpg

As soon as I figure out how to post a photo I will send it to you. I'll have to wait for my Grandson to arrive, maybe. Thanks for your interest. Graham Grandson is not coming for days. Might be best if you give me your e-mail address and I can send you the photos through that. You can e-mail me at kmcvean@bigpond.net.au Regards Graham

• 1 month later...

OK Linmac, this is what I have so far it served going backword , you should have bought it from Denis before that Middleburg New York fire dept, before that Catkill Fire Dept, before that Brighton Fire Dept. Now I ran Brighton and got upstate NY , but was told that it came from Brighton in Eire county that is near Buffalo in western New York, will keep on checking. angelo [maddog93]

OK Linmac, this is what I have so far it served going backword , you should have bought it from Denis before that Middleburg New York fire dept, before that Catkill Fire Dept, before that Brighton Fire Dept. Now I ran Brighton and got upstate NY , but was told that it came from Brighton in Eire county that is near Buffalo in western New York, will keep on checking. angelo [maddog93]

Yep, I got it from Dennis. I have spoken to the Middleburgh Fire Department and they have been very good and have provided me with the history of the truck whilst it was in their care and have sent me some photos. The history you have provided is excellent in tracing the trucks past. The Mack Museum is sending me what they have also. Many thnaks Regards Graham

Angelo, I have received the information from the Mack Museum re my Ladder Truck. These guys at the museum are fantastic. They sent me two photos of the truck when it was delivered to it first owner, a complete Service Manual, the build records and some sale imformation from the 1950's. The truck was first delivered to the Town of Tonawanda, NY Brighton. I agree with the rest of the history that you have supplied to me and it will all form part of our 'information board' when we take the truck to vintage shows. I expect to have the signwriting completed in the next month or so and I will have it signed as it was when it was first delivered. Many thanks for your help. Regards Graham

You can thank me by sending all of us a photo of your rig in its new home. Glad to be a help, there is nothing like driving a open cab mack, bugs in your teeth and hair smile on your face! Watch out for the inside windshild wipers on your left hand "thats smarts" :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Graham

What part of oz do you live?, would like to see your other Dogs. if you look in my profile youll see the dog i am currently restoring.

-Monty

I live in Gladstone Queensland. In addition to the B85 Ladder truck I have two B Models - one restored, one about to be restored, a R609 Flinstone restored, and a R688 1988 Value Liner restored. If you give me your e-mail address I will send you photos. I am not smart enough to post on this site yet. Have to wait for my Grandson to school me up on it. Regards Graham