Lousy Fuel Mileage

I have a AC 460E motor and can only get between 4.7 and 4.9 MPG. It has 3.73 gears with a 13 speed overdrive. I was wondering what kind of MPG others are getting. I was at the dealer yesterday and had an injector pump replaced because it was throwing an 84 code repeatedly. They put an update in the computer but the readout showed 4.7 over it's life. Am I going to have to live with this or is there something else wrong.

I have a AC 460E motor and can only get between 4.7 and 4.9 MPG. It has 3.73 gears with a 13 speed overdrive. I was wondering what kind of MPG others are getting. I was at the dealer yesterday and had an injector pump replaced because it was throwing an 84 code repeatedly. They put an update in the computer but the readout showed 4.7 over it's life. Am I going to have to live with this or is there something else wrong.

How was your idle time?

It's no worse than with my old E-7 355.

I normally get around 6.0 with my pre EGR 427, but I've noticed a drop probably related to winter blended fuel. Down now to about 5.3 on average since December 1. I haven't used enough ULSD or BIO to judge that as a cause. The EGR models I am familiar with can't seem to average more than 5 MPG. Fuel economy is a major focus in marketing the new MP engines because lots of customers are unhappy with the AC E-Techs.

PM, sent.................

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM