Kicking The Habit

Mackmann

I quit almost 6 years ago. The way I did was to figure out what time of the day I really needed (wanted) a cigarette and limited myself to a max of 5 cigarettes per day. I started with one new pack on Monday morning and by the following Saturday morning I had one smoke left. I lit it about 10AM and it gave me one hell of a headache, didn't even finish it. That was the last cigarette I ever smoked. I bought a big bag of Peppermints and every time I really wanted a cigarette I would just eat a Peppermint. The toughest part is about 2 to 4 weeks in you'll tell yourself that if I only smoke one I'll be ok and still be able to quit. Forget it, you'll be right back smoking again. Even after 3 years they still smelled good to me when a buddy would lite one up, but you have to say no. Now days I think they stink and the smell gets in everything, but I don't condemn people for smoking because I've been there. With me being married, now I like to think of cigarettes like a beautiful mistress. They look good but aren't worth the headache.

BTW the nicotine gum, patches, etc. don't work long term because you are still getting the nicotine.

I quit about 25 years ago.

Still remember it as a bad time in my life!!!

I used patches and gum to kick the habit.

Thirty days after quitting I tried to smoke one and about died!!

To think I used to do that 20-30-40 times a day!

Hang in there - - - you'll be better off!!!

(even with the few extra pounds you'll put on)

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

Quitting the smoking is the hardest thing I ever did

in my life!

And today they still smell good - even almost twenty years

later.

The only way that I could quit was to just stop - period.

I smoked a pack a day, every day for twenty years,

regardless of activity, unless I was in a bar or at a party,

when I would smoke more.

I would start again today, if I didn't think about it.

And, yes, you will probably gain some weight.

You can lose the weight anytime you want to.

But, you will feel so much better, smell better and,

maybe even look better when smoking is behind you.

And - we, as tax paying citizens, won't have to be paying to keep

you alive with lung disease while you slowly choke to death.

Another little incentive - at least in New York state - cigarettes are

now up around $7.00 a pack, with the latest State Tax.

I quit almost 6 years ago. The way I did was to figure out what time of the day I really needed (wanted) a cigarette and limited myself to a max of 5 cigarettes per day. I started with one new pack on Monday morning and by the following Saturday morning I had one smoke left. I lit it about 10AM and it gave me one hell of a headache, didn't even finish it. That was the last cigarette I ever smoked. I bought a big bag of Peppermints and every time I really wanted a cigarette I would just eat a Peppermint. The toughest part is about 2 to 4 weeks in you'll tell yourself that if I only smoke one I'll be ok and still be able to quit. Forget it, you'll be right back smoking again. Even after 3 years they still smelled good to me when a buddy would lite one up, but you have to say no. Now days I think they stink and the smell gets in everything, but I don't condemn people for smoking because I've been there. With me being married, now I like to think of cigarettes like a beautiful mistress. They look good but aren't worth the headache.

BTW the nicotine gum, patches, etc. don't work long term because you are still getting the nicotine.

This sounds like a good plan. Today i try to smoke only 1 every 1.5 hrs. It was hard. In the morning i couldnt do it when i was drinking coffee.

Thanks every one for the advice. Now i just got to put in the effort. It will be hard cuz i really do enjoy smoking. B)

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

Quitting the smoking is the hardest thing I ever did

in my life!

And today they still smell good - even almost twenty years

later.

The only way that I could quit was to just stop - period.

I smoked a pack a day, every day for twenty years,

regardless of activity, unless I was in a bar or at a party,

when I would smoke more.

I would start again today, if I didn't think about it.

And, yes, you will probably gain some weight.

You can lose the weight anytime you want to.

But, you will feel so much better, smell better and,

maybe even look better when smoking is behind you.

And - we, as tax paying citizens, won't have to be paying to keep

you alive with lung disease while you slowly choke to death.

Another little incentive - at least in New York state - cigarettes are

now up around $7.00 a pack, with the latest State Tax.

I agree, it is hard-very hard. I quit once for 10 years and started back, like a dumb ass. I quit last year for 2 months and started back-like a dumb ass! Next time they have one of those quit-smoking hypnotist deals around I might give that a try, I know that's worked for some people.

Last week when I was driving in the snow and ice in Wyoming I stopped in Buffalo,Wy. and bought 2 packs of Marlboros, chewed up and swallowed one pack, and smoked the other before I got to Billings,Mt. :rolleyes: (job related stress!)

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I agree, it is hard-very hard. I quit once for 10 years and started back, like a dumb ass. I quit last year for 2 months and started back-like a dumb ass! Next time they have one of those quit-smoking hypnotist deals around I might give that a try, I know that's worked for some people.

Last week when I was driving in the snow and ice in Wyoming I stopped in Buffalo,Wy. and bought 2 packs of Marlboros, chewed up and swallowed one pack, and smoked the other before I got to Billings,Mt. :rolleyes: (job related stress!)

Relinquish job related stress. Ditch the Pete.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.