Tarmac America

Hi guys,

I know these pics are actually just over 2 years old, but I thought they looked pretty neat.

These trucks are for Tarmac America, which according to my research is based in or near Florida. I'm not exactly sure what these trucks were doing here in PA just over 40 miles from the assembly plant though.

Some have central tire inflation, and all are equipped with Allison Automatic transmissions.

I'll bet they are hard to keep clean with those white frames. :P

(Click photos to make larger)

th_100_2693.jpg

th_100_2699.jpg

th_100_2706.jpg

th_100_2708.jpg

Hi guys,

I know these pics are actually just over 2 years old, but I thought they looked pretty neat.

These trucks are for Tarmac America, which according to my research is based in or near Florida. I'm not exactly sure what these trucks were doing here in PA just over 40 miles from the assembly plant though.

Some have central tire inflation, and all are equipped with Allison Automatic transmissions.

I'll bet they are hard to keep clean with those white frames. :P

(Click photos to make larger)

th_100_2693.jpg

th_100_2699.jpg

th_100_2706.jpg

th_100_2708.jpg

Final "fitting out" for the end user would make sense to me.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Final "fitting out" for the end user would make sense to me.

Rob

These look destined to become redi-mix trucks.I can't identify the location from the photos, but about 40 miles from Macungie as you say could put these mixer chassis in Morgantown, PA. the home of McNeilus Mfg. builder and installer of concrete mixer and trash packer bodies and equipment.

These look destined to become redi-mix trucks.I can't identify the location from the photos, but about 40 miles from Macungie as you say could put these mixer chassis in Morgantown, PA. the home of McNeilus Mfg. builder and installer of concrete mixer and trash packer bodies and equipment.

The spacing on the front bumper for direct driven from crankshaft hydraulic piston pump is what I thought also. The one incomplete chassis appears to have a lift axle installed. I've never seen a mixer have a third axle unless it is the hydraulic lifted one called a "boost a load", (around here) on the rear that stores up by the discharge chute.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

These trucks were at TransEdge Truck Center in Schuylkill Haven, Pa. (Formerly Blue Mountain Mack)

I know that the TransEdge Truck Center in Allentown (Formerly Allentown Mack), has a mod center and does a lot of the factory's modification work, as it is only 15mins from the plant. So I'm a bit confused as to why there were there in Schuylkill Haven.

The spacing on the front bumper for direct driven from crankshaft hydraulic piston pump is what I thought also. The one incomplete chassis appears to have a lift axle installed. I've never seen a mixer have a third axle unless it is the hydraulic lifted one called a "boost a load", (around here) on the rear that stores up by the discharge chute.

Rob

I don't know about Florida's axle laws, but the tri-axle setup as pictured is common in PA legal for 73,280 gross and NJ legal for 80,000 gross. The boost-a-load that you describe Rob is what we call a "flying tag". Funny how different terms arise from different locations across our great land.

These trucks were at TransEdge Truck Center in Schuylkill Haven, Pa. (Formerly Blue Mountain Mack)

I know that the TransEdge Truck Center in Allentown (Formerly Allentown Mack), has a mod center and does a lot of the factory's modification work, as it is only 15mins from the plant. So I'm a bit confused as to why there were there in Schuylkill Haven.

TransEdge owns the dealership in Allentown as well, where many of the post production mods are done. The Blue Mt. branch garage has some good guys for hydraulics though. This is where my wetline was installed when my truck was new even though I bought it in Allentown.

I don't know about Florida's axle laws, but the tri-axle setup as pictured is common in PA legal for 73,280 gross and NJ legal for 80,000 gross. The boost-a-load that you describe Rob is what we call a "flying tag". Funny how different terms arise from different locations across our great land.

Agree, the term "Boost a load" has been around here for many years. I never thought of it as a regional term, but have never seen it branded onto anything either.

Rob

thats the 1st time i have ver seen a tire inflation system. They look like they wont last long. I can see them lines getting caught or ripped off some how.

DE is 73,280 for a tri axle

MD i (think) is 70,000

I don't like that version of CTI. I installed some that didn't have the boom inbetween the tandems. They had the air going through the rear. It seemed to be a lot more reliable and less prone to damage. The exposed airline were a lot less exposed, just a little pigtail from the axle to the tire.