Scania 620hp 16l V8

I was on Scanias website today and noticed they have a new engine to compeat with the Volvo D-16. It is a 620HP 2212 ft/lbs 16 liter V8! Mack supposedly could not clean up the E9 , yea right :angry: . I bet you could get one for repowering a Mack, Its not a true Mack engine but as close to an E9 as you can get :D

By the way, these are marine engines but same thing for trucks.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Those individual valve covers make it look like it has individul heads ( just like those KT cummins motors).

I have seen a big 4wheel drive Case tractor that had a V8 Scania engine it had 8 individal heads, dont know weather or not it was stock, looked like it was, looked like a purty stout engine.

The Scania engines have an excellent reputation in Europe and typically have a million mile life to rebuild. There's a guy in Southern Minnesota who bought one new years ago, last I saw him he had 1,400,000 miles on it without an engine rebuild, thought he rebuilt the synchronized transmission at about 800,000 miles.

The Scania engines have an excellent reputation in Europe and typically have a million mile life to rebuild. There's a guy in Southern Minnesota who bought one new years ago, last I saw him he had 1,400,000 miles on it without an engine rebuild, thought he rebuilt the synchronized transmission at about 800,000 miles.

Whats funny is I have seen a number of 70's Mack R's with Scania engines in them (said Scania right on the engine plate). This led me to believe the E9 was possibly a Scania design (Scania had the V8 for a long time). I think Scania is the only truck company with a 16L V8 at present.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!