Waterous Pump Packing

matthewb

Does anyone know of somewhere to buy pump packing rings besides directly from Waterous? Ther are chaging 97.50 for the packing ring kit that I need for my 1972 CMBX pump. Seems a little steep for some pieces of rope with a little graphite in them.

Thanks for any information.

Matt

Does anyone know of somewhere to buy pump packing rings besides directly from Waterous? Ther are chaging 97.50 for the packing ring kit that I need for my 1972 CMBX pump. Seems a little steep for some pieces of rope with a little graphite in them.

Thanks for any information.

Matt

Hi Matt, Mcmaster.com would most likely have what you need in a bulk type setup. Check their website out. Also Bearing Distributors, (BDI) will have a lot of that kind of stuff also. You would need to have the old packings and seals for comparison to ensure you get the correct parts.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Give Supplee Brothers, in Oreland Pennsylvania a call.

126 Lorraine Ave, Oreland. (215) 884-1611

They are a Waterous factory repair/parts distributor. I am sure they might be able to do better than that.

Also be sure to properly adjust the packing once it is installed. Remember, the idea is not to eliminate leaks alltogether- you want for SOME leakage, to ensure the seal stays cool.

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS