The Times

marvgarr

well im trying to buy my first house i hope with all this going on nowadays ill still be able to do it will be hard though dont have no credit but dont have no dept nether no car payments nothing have a damn good job too so we will see i need to do something as we will be out of this rental in may so need a place to go wish us luck we need it

I hear its tuff to get loans even with good credit right now. If you have had a CC or car loan before and can show you have no debt or Loans you may be in luck. If you can find a bank owned home they may help you. good luck and let us know

Trent

well the house im getting the onwer is willing to carry the papers just need 10,000 down and its mine hope i can get 10,000 i will let you no

Well securing a loan at this point might be tough. But there are houses on the market for DIRT cheap, as low as a few thousand. Their occupants defaulted on the loan and banks sold them off for pennies on the dollar. Also property value in areas inflated by the bubble should be lower by now, some by as much as 50%.

Good luck!

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

WELL, WITH OVER 3000 MEMBERS, THATS ABOUT $3.00 EACH; WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR??

THAT WOULD DO IT!!

I'll pitch in $5.00 to start.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Great to hear your busy. Another reason to give thanks.

Rob

Indeed. I heard Todd talking on the phone last week and the price of the steel beams we haul out of Petersburg is going to increase as of Jan. 1st, so we're probably busy because everybody's ordering steel now. Hard to say what it'll look like after that.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Indeed. I heard Todd talking on the phone last week and the price of the steel beams we haul out of Petersburg is going to increase as of Jan. 1st, so we're probably busy because everybody's ordering steel now. Hard to say what it'll look like after that.

Are you talking structural steel beams, or fabricated? Around here the price on structural steel continues to drop, (that is good).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

plain steel beams,most of the places we deliver to are fabricators

Good friends of mine here in town build sawmill equipment and I get all my steel through them. Last month structural steel, (hot rolled) "C" channel, 4", A36 grade, was nearly .73 per pound. Last week it was down to .64 per pound. "I", or "W" beam , or "H" beam is a bit less but dropping also. Tubing is by far the most expensive and though less in cost, still hovers around .70 per pound. Forcasts from suppliers is that it will continue to decline for awhile unless the economy starts to move and consumption increases in this area.

These prices are still over double from what they were two years ago when scrap prices started their rapid escalation.

Rob

Thanks Rob for the steel prices. Thats Great info

You're quite welcome but these are based upon a 40,000# order so less weight may be a bit higher.

Rob

gee...and I said ''plain steel beams'',without mentioning the atomic weight or metallurgical properties of the plain steel beams. I have hauled lots of structural steel too,but don't anymore...don't remember the tensile strength.Here's some bridge girders I hauled.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

gee...and I said ''plain steel beams'',without mentioning the atomic weight or metallurgical properties of the plain steel beams. I have hauled lots of structural steel too,but don't anymore...don't remember the tensile strength.

Sometimes I wish my recollections were of less trivial garbage that clouds clear thinking.

Rob