2004 Ami370 popping back randomly

2 hours ago, fjh said:

So check all the turbo boots and charge air boots for splits . also the air compressor hoses to and from the inlet on the lower manifold and at the compressor!

I think I found it this the hose coming off the back of the compressor going to the intake. Only bad part is I am sitting in a parking lot loaded with asphalt. So I hope it holds up till I get in

IMG_2471.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, petehall12 said:

I think I found it this the hose coming off the back of the compressor going to the intake. Only bad part is I am sitting in a parking lot loaded with asphalt. So I hope it holds up till I get in

IMG_2471.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, petehall12 said:

No it didn’t I have hunted this problem but I finally found what it was today. The muffler had blown apart and the baffle had shot perfectly straight up  was stuck In the exhaust tip.  So the whistle noise that i thought was a turbo leak  is were the exhaust was passing thru the little holes on the baffle. Not sure what was causing the poof noise but it sure sounded 100%!better after putting a new muffler on it. We will see how it does Tomorrow. 

IMG_2495.jpeg

IMG_2497.jpeg

IMG_2496.jpeg

Good find Bro Thanks for posting your fix ! The oddest stuff happens at times and when a guy is grasping at straws its always good to give just one more straw to grab for! It can be the simplest things! Make sure when getting an new muffler that they give you A muffler specked for a single stacked truck! The a dual stack muffler can also be restrictive When in installed on a single stack  installation! All mufflers are not created Equal !

Don't ask me how I know! 

Fred 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

I always try for straight through mufflers where you can look in one end and out the other...

I need one like that with a  44” body 4” inlet 5” outlet. The one I put on here last night has a flat  plate in the middle of it. You can tell it can’t breathe very good. 

8 hours ago, fjh said:

Good find Bro Thanks for posting your fix ! The oddest stuff happens at times and when a guy is grasping at straws its always good to give just one more straw to grab for! It can be the simplest things! Make sure when getting an new muffler that they give you A muffler specked for a single stacked truck! The a dual stack muffler can also be restrictive When in installed on a single stack  installation! All mufflers are not created Equal !

Don't ask me how I know! 

Fred 🙂

Yeah I hate when people ask questions but they never post what fixed the problem. The muffler I put on it I don’t like it has a flat plate in the middle of it that the exhaust has to go around. I need to find something different. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, petehall12 said:

Yeah I hate when people ask questions but they never post what fixed the problem. The muffler I put on it I don’t like it has a flat plate in the middle of it that the exhaust has to go around. I need to find something different. 

The one you had was fine I I used to stuff a pointy bar down there and open them up! At the folded part!

• Like 2