ECM part# 12MS51M7

Vicstruckservice

Question

Hello, I’m interested to see if someone has a used ECM or information on testing a 12MS51M7 for a VMAC I engine. It’s acting like there is no power to the ECM for the emergency shutdown system. I was wondering if someone had a wire diagram for this ECM because Im not sure where the power supply comes from. It’s acting like there is no power supply to the emergency shut down which causes the truck to start for three seconds install like my previous post. it’s a 1995 RD 688S E7 VMAC I motor 

IMG_0112.jpeg

IMG_0108.heic

8 answers to this question

I checked to see if we had one, but it's been a really long time since our inventory saw one of these. None of our other stores showed any either, and our "best" electrical tech had nothing helpful to give either. This'll be outside of what I can help with unfortunately... 

My absolute favorite is 23-021

https://macktrucks.vg-emedia.com/ProductListing.aspx?keyword=23-021

It's a data program on a flash drive that has just about every Mack wiring diagram from 2000 forward. Engine wiring, chassis wiring, transmission, vendor engines, emissions wiring... Well worth the $180, though your 1995 won't be in there.

Edited by JoeH

2 hours ago, 880joe said:

I have a 12ms45m4 off of a 94 ch613 vmac 1 I don't know if they would be interchangeable or not maybe the Heinz or someone else could tell us

Wish I saw this while at work, I won't be back in until next week! Thankfully there's been some very helpful replies already. I'll check this out next week just for kicks. 

On 4/25/2024 at 6:25 PM, 880joe said:

I have a 12ms45m4 off of a 94 ch613 vmac 1 I don't know if they would be interchangeable or not maybe the Heinz or someone else could tell us

The part numbers don't cross, can only assume they're not interchangeable...

On 4/25/2024 at 7:08 PM, JoeH said:

https://macktrucks.vg-emedia.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductId=6543&GroupId=-1

You're looking for Mack manual 8-201, if your dealer is halfway decent they should be able to order it for you, but you can also download it for free by clicking "View File"

Thanks for that link, could be handy in the future.