E-7 427 oil line question

The company I work for just recently bought a replacement engine for one our cx613 mack vision trucks. The new motor is out of a 2002 cu600 mack. Its an E-7 427 v-mac iii. While I was inspecting it I noticed an oil line that come off the oil filter housing and t's off to both jake spacers on the heads. The 2001 truck that we have doesn't have this line on it. Is this mack's fix to make the jakes work with lower oil pressure? 

17098392121653200411375408073194.jpg

That line is part of the top oil feed update to the Jake heads.. it is supposed to improve Jake brake performance.  It helped a little bit.  The bulitine is on Mack E-Media if you want to read it..

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

That line is part of the top oil feed update to the Jake heads.. it is supposed to improve Jake brake performance.  It helped a little bit.  The bulitine is on Mack E-Media if you want to read it..

how ?? tapping into the filter housing , would not that take away oil pressure to mid section of oil ports ?? not like putting a gauge or test equipment in oil housing port which would maintain full pressure ;; during jake operation oil flows through jake units . oil to the rockers is continuous flow but that is at the tail end of oil system. tapping housing seems it would lower pressure to components. or I'm just tooo old for modern thinking.

Hey Buddy,,  I'm glad you asked..  So oil ''volume'' is taken from the filter pad. It goes through those small bulk head connectors in the jake spacers. Then, under the covers is more of that line going to a 90 degree fitting that is drilled and tapped into the jake head right above the oil gallery in the jake head. the extra volume of oil along with some updates to the jake heads and replacing the oil pump with the 'new then' high pressure oil pump was meant to improve jake response and power. a new lash setting was part of the update, (.021'') from .015 -or- .017''.. Theres a bit more but I will stop here for now..  Good to see you Mech...  Jojo

• Thanks 1

thank you for brief updated explanation. it's more then just a line to oil pad. high output pump and more direct oil to jake ;  makes sense it would add a tad bit more holding power to jake.  course back in '69 when I installed my first jake  (R611T)  remember only due to I worked part-time for the company years later , don't think world was so high tech Savey.

more "holding power "must have also increased the noise level .  have noticed a lot lately of the "big rigs " =the wanta be truckers having dark windows 90% covered by visors at least 8 in or more stacks  running the jake for no reason except the noise . LOL  I was happy with the little putt  putt noise my Hino made with exhaust brake  which did have hold back power. 

• Like 1