Air pressure

IGV

How you all doing gentlemen,

I have a 2006 mack granite cv713 

And primary air pressure is going up to 140 psi and secondary is at the right pressure I already changed the governor but it didn't get it fixed does anyone have an idea what could be it, thanks in advance 

'06 way too new for me . based on being around for the dual system when first came out and what the brain can remember;; I would consider the gauge might be off. where does is rest if system completely drained?? governor wouldn't segregate between primary/ secondary. wouldn't think check valve .if newer systems feed primary first then secondary then entire system may be at 140 , cut off valve should discharge. I go with fault gauge  first.

drained system with primary gauge showing  15-20 psi ;; did you tap gauge ; it should drop to 0. it does then build air back  both systems should register same . primary jumps  back to 15-20 off replace it. could be technical and put a good working gauge on primary tank it self to verify  before buying parts . JUST REMEMBER TO DRAIN PRIMARY COMPLETELY BEFORE REMOVING ANY PLUGS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mechohaulic said:

drained system with primary gauge showing  15-20 psi ;; did you tap gauge ; it should drop to 0. it does then build air back  both systems should register same . primary jumps  back to 15-20 off replace it. could be technical and put a good working gauge on primary tank it self to verify  before buying parts . JUST REMEMBER TO DRAIN PRIMARY COMPLETELY BEFORE REMOVING ANY PLUGS

Yep,,,,,

forgot to question :: do the '06's have the one gauge with dual needles =red/green ?????? I'm thinking old school two gauges not the modern "crap" gauges .  have seen many dual needle gauges screw up. if you are the main driver knowing primary needle is off 15-20 on a positive side and relief valve isn't blowing off== I'd run it ; not a hazard.