CRD151 issues. What’s my options?

Outlawfleet

Problem:  my crd151 is howling and has a ton of metal in the top housing. It’s also causing a BAD vibration. 
$6,000 for a reman. I can not seem to find a good used take out in a 3.79 ratio. 

im being told CRD92/93 will fit my housing, but they do not come in the same ratio as the 150s so I would have to change both diffs. 
92/93 seem to be much cheaper and more available. 

Would y’all recommend ditching the 151/150 in favor of the 92/93? 

Thoughts and opinions?

Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2023 at 10:19 AM, Outlawfleet said:

Problem:  my crd151 is howling and has a ton of metal in the top housing. It’s also causing a BAD vibration. 
$6,000 for a reman. I can not seem to find a good used take out in a 3.79 ratio. 

im being told CRD92/93 will fit my housing, but they do not come in the same ratio as the 150s so I would have to change both diffs. 

Thoughts and opinions?

Thanks. 

CRD92/93 is old version that has been in production for 40+ years and replaced with CRD150/151 in 2009. The newer axle has slightly better design and rating and capable of pulling upto 150,000 lbs for linehaul applications. You can try to find closest ratio CRD92/93 but will need to ratio match with smaller or bigger tires so as to not burn up inter-axle powerdivider.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2023 at 7:19 AM, Outlawfleet said:

Thoughts and opinions?

Thanks. 

My opinion of the 151 is the only good thing about it is the diff lock! KT and I disagree on its reliability ! It has some design flaws from my view point !  92 /93 has the test of time going for it! How ever I think you closest ratio will be around 3.87

• Like 1