Mack E7 ECM

jcmac3000

Question

I have a 2000 mack cl713 that had a e7 460xt engine in it that spent a main bearing. So I bought a used engine that was supposed to be a 460hp, come to find out it is 275hp.😣😠🥵 So my question is can I use a ecm with the 355/380 program on this engine, until I can switch out cam???

7 answers to this question

If the cam part number is the same, ( the number is stamped into the front hub of the cam, you can pull the timing cover to see it)  you should be able to pull the cam,  put an offset cam key ( white side out) then put your turbo and injectors in the new engine..  This should allow you to keep the 460XT ECM...  I am not sure about the pistons.   Jojo

You should be ok to run the 355/380 ecm. I was told 400hp and under had same cam timing 427 &460 was keyed different their has been others on here that tried the bigger hp without changing cam timing and ran hot also. If it were me I'd put the 460 injectors and turbo and 355/380 ecm and run it

• Like 2

880 joe has a good point, especially if you do not want to dig in to the newer engine, and just want to run it..  i hope you dig into the bad engine and try to build a 'long block' to put on the shelf for later..  Jojo

• Like 1

I know I've cut my hp almost in half but this 275hp engine seems to struggle with the truck empty(30,000lbs empty weight). Thanks fellows that's what I was thinking of doing for now. Just did not want to throw anymore money away on a bigger hp ecm and it still runs like a POS and hot.