ED 519 damper

Joe B

Good day to all, working on a ED 519 Lanova engine and found my damper is broke up the keyway slot and also has cracked pulley. Just wondering if someone has a useable damper or if there was any interchange between the ED 519 and other early Lanova Mack engines or even the Mack Gas engines form that era that I might be able to retro fit to this engine. Outside diameter on the hub surface is most important as the crank snout has to be repaired from damper running loose from crack so inside diameter can be smaller. Hub O.D. is 2.625".

Thank you,

Joe

Hi,

If I'm not wrong the dampener and the pulley are similar to what was used on Thermodyne (OHV) Mack gassers, such as EP, EY and maybe others. Actually may also depend on which kind of a truck your dampener belonds to. Mine is off a military NR-model. I expect the fitting to the crankshaft and pulley offset are similar but not sure on the OD and the actual design. And if I'm not wrong ED519 crankshaft is intercheangeable (similar) to EP510 gasser.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012