E7-300 Q

Straydog954

Hello all. I’m looking at a low mileage e7-300 from a cab over to replace a tired em7-300 in a dump truck. Both are fully mechanical. Can the maxidyne pump be taken off and placed on the e7-300 to make it an em7-300 or are the internals different? Also is there an option to turn the e7-300 into a 350 or 400 hp engine and if so what would need to be done? I understand that if I get away from the maxidyne set up I would need more gears and different rears because I have T2070 and 5:73. 

Not sure on those later Maxidynes.  But, on the originals (1960s vintage) there were LOTS of different internal parts.  There were several discussions on here a long time ago about those older versions and what it took to convert from one Thermodyne to Maxidyne.  It was pretty involved.

I'm sure some of the Brain Trust will be able to help guide you on these newer engines.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Ill have to look at my book later on but the internals are generally different part numbers between the two types of E7s. I'm thinking cam for sure, probably pistons and injectors too. I know even within the Maxidyne family there are differences between different HP ratings. For instance I have a fully mechanical EM7-250 that I want to make into an EM7-300. The cam, pistons, and turbo are the same but the injectors have a different Mack part number and the timing advance is slightly different between the two. You really have to dig into the part numbers and differences. Its not as simple as adding more fuel......

• Like 2