2004 ami. 370 eup questions

petehall12

8-9 is related to all of them.. don't buy any pumps yet,  check the condition of the wire harness.. I Believe the ECM has only 2 plugs.  I know I posted the pin out diagram for them on other threads. And a couple others have too.  I think pin 11 + 12 in the J-2 connector are the comm lines.  1-3 are on one line and 4-6 is on the other.   To me, this is likely a wiring issue and not an EUP issue.. due to the 8-9 code... Jojo

I really wish I knew why the pictures would post in the " Batman Mode''...  I'm sorry..  i guess you can tilt the laptop to read it..   :) 

Edited by Joey Mack
Pore cell fone sperring

On 9/21/2023 at 7:44 AM, Joey Mack said:

8-9 is related to all of them.. don't buy any pumps yet,  check the condition of the wire harness.. I Believe the ECM has only 2 plugs.  I know I posted the pin out diagram for them on other threads. And a couple others have too.  I think pin 11 + 12 in the J-2 connector are the comm lines.  1-3 are on one line and 4-6 is on the other.   To me, this is likely a wiring issue and not an EUP issue.. due to the 8-9 code... Jojo

Went through the wiring and everything looks good now I am only getting a 8-6 code. How much of a big deaL is it if I change the eup and it might be awhile before it gets programmed 

well, #6 is not bad, just have the turbo pipe in the way..  How about pulling it and swapping it with an easy one,,, say...... #2 and see if the code follows it..  if it does replace the EUP and the orings on the swapped EUP, and put the swapped one back in its original hole, to keep the cal. code the same..  Jojo 

P.S.  USE NEW EUP BOLTS, THEY TORQUE TO 60 lbft.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, Joey Mack said:

well, #6 is not bad, just have the turbo pipe in the way..  How about pulling it and swapping it with an easy one,,, say...... #2 and see if the code follows it..  if it does replace the EUP and the orings on the swapped EUP, and put the swapped one back in its original hole, to keep the cal. code the same..  Jojo 

You wouldn’t happen to know what size those bolts are?

On 9/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, Joey Mack said:

Yeah #6 wasn’t too bad changed it out this morning. The motor sure is running better the miss seems to be gone. how important is it to get to a dealer to have it programmed?

Edited by petehall12

On 10/8/2023 at 6:04 PM, Joey Mack said:

It is important, but the engine will learn it.  The bigger issue is finding someone who can enter the cal. code..

Joey I haven’t had the cal code entered yet but after about a hour of running with the new eup the random miss has gone away and my turbo is now working like it is supposed to. Thanks and also that bolt length was 40MM I appreciate all your help on this situation. I am sure I will be asking more questions soon. 

• Like 2