Bosh P7100 air bubbles

Supermutt

Engine is a full mechanical E7 350. It is running a bit ruff with a bit of vibration. 
  I cracked the injector lines at each delivery valve on the pump. I did not find a dead or non reactive cylinder but what I did notice is air bubbles coming out with the fuel when cracked open a bit ? 
  Not sure but I don’t think I should be getting air bubbles. The truck will start ok after sitting for a week so I don’t think it’s sucking air. 

Thanks 

Clear plastic lines on the inlet and return fuel lines is the best way to check for air intrusion. When you crack a line it could be sucking some air in with the loose fitting making it look like bubbles since diesel kind of acts like bubble soap. Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Like 1

May sound stupid, but I am trying to figure out how I can add in a clear line on the suction side. I am guessing the same for the return line. As far as I know the only return I have goes back to the pump.  Great idea. I just need to figure out how to make it happen.    Thanks 

maybe get some J.I.C. fittings that fit the lines,  #8 I think, with male threads on the other end, and then go to Lowes/ Home Depot,, to the plumping section and look at their rolled hose options.  I like your idea......

Edited by Joey Mack
Pour sperring
  • Like 1