96 mr688 hard start.

macattack
Go to solution Solved by macattack,

Noticed for last while my 96 mr688 turns over quite a bit before starting.

This only happens approximately  once per month.  When truck starts it operates fine, but every once in a while it spins over quite a bit before starting. 

Truck has air throttle.  Anything I can look for.  

Gonna check for leaks and loose fittings.   any o rings that I should be aware of on the pump that usually cause the issue I am having.

There is a plastic line that goes between the pump and the engine. This line comes from the driver side of engine goes in-between the pump and engine and then connects to the rear top of pump I believe its called the android.  Does it connect anywhere on pump before it goes to the  android. Can't tell because it goes behind the pump between engine and pump

Any points or tips would be helpful. 

Thanks

Edited by macattack

Does it have a hand primer?  If so, maybe next time it doesn't start right up, stop cranking, and pump the primer til it's firm and crank it.. 

Edited by Joey Mack
Pore cell fone sperring

Found this pic online.  I believe i may have leak at this fitting on the side of pump.  I got this pic online and my pump seems to be leaking at the fitting pictured with the zip tie.

What is this and can it be fixed without removing the pump?

Thanks

display.jpeg

Don't see a primer or lift pump

Does that fitting with the tieback have a o ring? Would that be a banjo fitting? 

Only issue is that the  fitting faces the engine and very little space in between. 

Hopefully I won't need to remove pump to gain access. 

Thanks

I believe that line literally just pushes onto the fitting. If it's the same as the one in the picture you sent.  You may be able to pull it off, cut a bit off, and put it back on if there's enough slack.  

Maybe  wrong though. I'm used to these lines failing on the older endt676 motors.  Maybe the e7 doesn't use leakoff lines from the injectors.

• 1 month later...