1992 Mack CH 613 No Power

Hello i have a 92 Mack CH 613 Daycab I haven’t used the truck in about a year it usually fires right up with turn of the key. I noticed the last time I crank the truck and turned it off a few days after I came to the truck that the roof light was on so I turned it off didn’t think to turn the truck on. Few weeks later I went to the truck to turn the truck on No start I turned over slowly so I said it must be the batteries I hooked to my other truck for boost with jumper cables it would turn on but turn off after I get off the accelerator. I didn’t have much time to investigate that day. I came back a few weeks later put the key in the truck it’s all the way dead so I went got my new batteries out of my other Mack same model placed in that truck and it’s still dead turn key forward no lights come on dash like I didn’t turn the key forward what could be the issue? Thanks for your help. 

Edited by msbulldog601

Rotten battery ground cables...  String enough to light a light bulb, but can't carry amps for cranking.. there is an acc. Relay behind the center of the dash under the cup holders.. it looks like a Ford starter relay..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

Rotten battery ground cables...  String enough to light a light bulb, but can't carry amps for cranking.. there is an acc. Relay behind the center of the dash under the cup holders.. it looks like a Ford starter relay..

i second the relay

3 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Thanks I will go take a look today and get back with you always very helpful and i appreciate you! 

There should be a ground breaker, on the firewall, and next to it is the starters relay.  There is a big ground on the engine block in front of the starter. And one from there to the frame behind the steer tire...  Jojo.. 

• Like 1

The ground breaker can simply be by passed to get out of a pinch! Also if it does turn out to be the relay ! Make sure you’re given a constant duty relay cole Hersey is a common replacement and they make both and  look identical! 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:11 AM, Joey Mack said:

Can you take a look at the pictures maybe I’m over looking the relay in the center of dash under the cup holders 

B38778CB-5871-43AD-94FA-46D5C9890FB9.jpeg

CB131EEC-1F63-438E-AFA9-2D9F9B4A59DD.jpeg

EA051DA4-DA06-4DDD-A88D-1C2EC4956393.jpeg

4C6626E2-0FBB-4AAC-872B-1937D9938453.jpeg

Turn the key on and listen for the click, then maybe you will find it.. you may have a small cube type relay in the fuse panel, but I don't remember what year they switched to that.