Clutch fan surging

I have a 06 ct 713 with an ami 370. The truck is new to me a few months ago and after getting it back to almost new The fan has decided to be engaged in a hunting mode, sounds like it is going to full engage and then releasing,

I brought it to the dealer and could not pinpoint it, the fan has 5 wires going to it , no air lines, 

I saw a wiring diagram in a post but it did not look like my engine my ac works fine and engine runs at 165 deg 

If anyone has a manual or info I would greatly appreciate it

I tried buying a manual from Mack with no luck

you have what is called a ''Smart Fan''  it will ramp up and down based on signals from the EECU..  Next time you are at the Dealership, have them show you the Smart fan setting..  It is on PTT.  It can be shut off and on..  

Here’s the bulletin for the same fan clutch but on the Aset AC engine that’s in the CX and CH style trucks. Your AI engine has 2 connectors on the engine Ecm while the AC engine has 3 connectors on the engine Ecm. Troubleshooting should be code to the same . I’ll try to find the one for the AI engines https://pdf4pro.com/cdn/service-bulletin-mckenzie-tank-lines-a3dd0.pdf

It seems they never made a troubleshooting guide for that style fan clutch on the AI engines. The electric viscous fan clutches for the AI and  AC engines look identical and will actually bolt up but they have different part numbers. The troubleshooting should be the same only difference would be engine ecm pin location. 

• 2 months later...

So I finally figured out the fan problem! Even though I had the ac system checked and charged. As well as had it turned off, the high pressure switch by the dryer, the green one with the pig tail , was staying open , gave no codes and caused the fan to engage and disengage constantly above 1200 rpm

• Like 2