NYS Overweight Permit?

4 minutes ago, Mark T said:

I don't think you can do that anymore. Something about only the entire company ???  Back in the '90s ???   easily a five digit figure, now ???   IDK if they die with the truck now, or what. There's been so many changes.

The permit travels with the truck,it’s the only way to sell or buy one,I can contact NYSDOT for the specifics but trying to find the value,the time is coming..lol

Yes, they can stay with the truck, but IDK if it can be transferred anymore and come back as high. Lower 7 county permits were always different. All I know is over the years all my statewides lost weight, and I don't personally know anyone who applied and was turned down (lottery system) .  I'm a little curious to know what you're asking myself.  

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Yes, they can stay with the truck, but IDK if it can be transferred anymore and come back as high. Lower 7 county permits were always different. All I know is over the years all my statewides lost weight, and I don't personally know anyone who applied and was turned down (lottery system) .  I'm a little curious to know what you're asking myself.  

A friend of mine sold his truck wit a grandfathered permit on it and two other permits that were banked,he said 15000 for each permit,this was a few years back..

1 hour ago, MACKS said:

Yeah it’s easy to get a ny statewide permit but there no where near 79000 ..

I've had them since in the early '90s. I remember the lower 7 county ones were a big deal then.  Most every other one has been somewhat cut back. A statewide prior to the lottery could easily have gone for in the area of 10K.   I don't think the ones down state needed a long truck either.  They were the crown jewel of permits at one time.

• Like 1