Happy Easter fellas

mowerman

27 minutes ago, BOBWhite said:

That looks good! If its not a secret what's all in it? We grow a lot of peppers but something about the soil or the hard water makes them unbearably hot. 

It's not a secret at all. I came up with this through years of trial and error. I had no idea how to make hot sauce. When I first started making hot sauce I pretty much just ground the peppers up in the blender with enough vinegar to liquify it, then I added some salt, boiled it in a pot, then poured it into bottles. Usually I used recycled hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, the little wine bottles, etc. to put it in. When I read the ingredients on hot sauce bottles they all said "vinegar, peppers, salt", so that's what I used. 

I still use the same 'gredients but I do it a little different now. I cook the peppers in a crock pot with vinegar, salt, and minced garlic until it's pretty much mush. THEN I liquify them with a blender, adding more vinegar if needed to get it to the right consistency.  Zina has a hand held blender that's like a small outboard motor and I liquify it right in the crock pot. I think it's a 12 horsepower. Then I strain it before I bottle it, so there's no "pulp" in it. And I use new bottles instead of recycling old ones. It's different every year because I never have the same amount of the same peppers. Last year I used cayennes, tabascos, jalapenos, the little red super hot ones, and Serrano's. 

But that's how I make it, I pick the peppers and put them in the freezer until they're all picked, then I make the sauce, and cowboy candy with some of the jalapenos.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.