2019 gu7 turn signals act crazy and check light comes up on dash at times

clpetty

Question

hey i have a gu7 dump and its got issues with the turn signals, they flash normal  most of the time. but some times after long time use they flash irrattic and turn the check light on on the dash. it has led lights. im thinking its the flasher.. any input would be appreciated . it did have some bad wiring. but  that is all fixed now but still having the rapid flashing and the check light on.  

5 answers to this question

The the GR Granite. AN Anthem and PI Pinnacle all got the lovely LCM ( Light Control Module) that Volvo has been using many many years. The LCM has I think 6 or 7 fuses in the upper fuse panel on top of the dash . They are labeled LCM 1, LCM 2 and so on . No detail on which fuse does what functions of the LCM. It’s not to bad of a system except when someone decides to add lights or swap bulb type  ( LED to regular bulb or the other way) and the worse is bed companies tapping into harnesses and overloading the circuits . If there is a plug at the very back of the truck . Unplug it and see if you can narrow it down to the bed lights . Pop out the lights  on the bed on either side of the tail gate . If you have a high lift tailgate the cylinders and rams hidden inside sometime get into the wires . I honestly don’t know I’d the truck with the LCM’s still have a flasher or if it’s made into the LCM . 

• Like 1

I’m almost positive it’s a “flasher” built into the module. So I’d check the simple stuff Mackpro listed before condemning a module. If it’s a dump the plug he’s talking about is a round plug about half way or a little less to the back from the cab. Most likely on the passenger side. Comes off a factory harness and then the upfitters use theirs to plug into it and run the rest. 

• Like 1