2016 mp8 Boost pressure

daniel179

Question

I drive a 2016 Mack Granite heavy haul with an mp8. What might cause the boost pressure to go to 36 psi for a short period and then drop to 28-29 psi with a noticeable loss in power? I can hear the turbo spool up when the boost goes up and the turbo slow down when I loose boost pressure? And what should the correct boost pressure go up to ? And I also have codes that I can't find anywhere online. 

9 answers to this question

ENGINE 

SA 16 ENGINE MODULE 

DTC P052712

VECU

MID 144

PSID 40

FMI 4 

ACM

SA 17 ACM MODULE 

DTC P206C00

These are the codes i can pull up from the dash, only one of them pops up when the lightning bolt comes on along with the fan. I don't remember which code pops up with the lightning bolt and fan so I just put all 3 codes.

The issues I mentioned earlier won’t always give a CEL. Do you have anymore info on the issue? Was anything done to the truck before this started? Anything done to try and fix this issue? What kind of transmission? Deleted? etc. 

In addition to Onyx's post's..  do you have a boost leak where the turbo pipe and/or the C.A.C. pipes mate up?  there are o-rings there that can leak..  Good luck, Onyx is pretty smart about the MP's..  jojo

Nothing has been done to the truck as far as a delete or anything else. It has a mack 18 speed manual. It is a company truck and I can't seem to get the shop manager to do anything to remedy any of the issues with it so I try to figure out what is wrong with it and then either try to fix it myself or go to someone I know that will get it taken care of . Nothing was done to the truck previously before the issues, everything seems to just happen on its own. 

10 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

The issues I mentioned earlier won’t always give a CEL. Do you have anymore info on the issue? Was anything done to the truck before this started? Anything done to try and fix this issue? What kind of transmission? Deleted? etc.