New here with a plan

EricLVND

Hello! I'm 18 turning 19 in February and plan to restore a 80s-90s R Model over the next few years. Any tips on what I should look for getting into one of these daycab or single axle dump R models? My budget for the truck is going to be around 15k, which will hopefully get me something not in too rough of shape, then after that I just plan to chip away getting it to show quality. My family runs a tree business so it would definitely a few loads hauled once in a while. 

Ten wheel dump for sure for that sort of business a single axle will do not hard to find but keep your eyes open on for sale section but state sales are your best bet more bang for your buck … mainly look for good tires and a healthy drive line …good luck and welcome aboard… Bob

• Like 1

State trucks (In northeast USA) are all overpriced junk with so much rust from salt work. Not worth looking at.  Truck Paper is a great app to scout what you're looking for. R(D)6xx"P" would be a single axle, R(or RD)6xxS(or ST) will be tandem axle from factory, but may have a liftaxle as well. xx is in place of either 85, 86, 88 or 90, which tells what engine/fuel characteristics the truck has.

• Like 1