NEED TIE ROD ENDS FOR RL700L

Scott74

I'm in search of part numbers or where to get tie rod ends for my dump truck. Does Mack have an updated part number? I have a moog part number ES431R, is this the correct time rod end? I have tried Watt's with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

VIN # RL786LST24497

A good place to start MIGHT be to see if there is a number on the RH end of the axle beam (FA534, FA535, FA536, etc.).  This should tell what series the axle is.  From there, there are lots of places to look up the ends.

Mack has done some strange things through the years on tie rods and ends.  But, knowing what axle you have to start with might be a good place to start, at least.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

A little more info.  A link to a Meritor parts listing and a sample page.  Also a Euclid link and a sample page.  Notice they even list the Mack-specific combination for one axle where Mack used RH threads on both ends, but with a coarse thread on one and a fine thread on the other.

https://dimnsa.com/catalogos/descargas/PB8951 Eje Frontal.pdf

image.thumb.png.42518c5e060828944938f760169b1142.png

https://www.doverbrakeinc.com/downloads/catelogs/EUCLID CATALOG FRONT END 760C.pdf

image.png.a741fd442ce2cef24d758262e0605be4.png

Once you narrow it down, these suppliers also have the stud and shank dimension listed in their literature.  So, you can do a final comparison of the numbers you find with the actual parts on the truck.  So, you'll have a pretty good idea if they steered (no pun intended) you in the right direction, even before you start pulling the old stuff out.

I'm not sure if that uses the same parts as a regular FA532 or not.  Maybe some of the more enlightened here can shed some light on it.   I can't find an FA(W)532 in any of my other literature.  So, that one's a mystery to me.

Maybe you can measure the thread sizes (and pitches) and compare to the dimensional sketches in those catalogs to find something that will work.  As long as the tapers are the same, the threads are the same, and the lengths are reasonably close, they will work.

I hate to pull one apart to get these numbers, 'cause that leaves it undriveable!  But, sometimes it takes that to get the dimensions.

I'll keep digging through some of my old stuff and see what I can find.

7 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I'm not sure if that uses the same parts as a regular FA532 or not.  Maybe some of the more enlightened here can shed some light on it.   I can't find an FA(W)532 in any of my other literature.  So, that one's a mystery to me.

Maybe you can measure the thread sizes (and pitches) and compare to the dimensional sketches in those catalogs to find something that will work.  As long as the tapers are the same, the threads are the same, and the lengths are reasonably close, they will work.

I hate to pull one apart to get these numbers, 'cause that leaves it undriveable!  But, sometimes it takes that to get the dimensions.

I'll keep digging through some of my old stuff and see what I can find.

Yeah for sure. It is my only truck so when it's down that's money I'm not making. As far as not having brakes, the truck has front brakes so not sure what the N means.

22 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

possibly brakes were added later. do you know much history of the truck== who owned it previous or who may have changed parts not corresponding to axle tag.

Paddy Boy from this forum is who owned the truck before me. He sent me a message on here. I bought the truck on Richie Bro's auction.