2004 Mack Vision wire harness

There is one showing at one of the Mack part distribution centers PDC . Usually when the show only one available it’s for saved for dealerships who have truck in the shop with an open work order on it. The dealership has to fill out a VOR form to get the part. It keeps the dealerships from buying up all the hard to get stuff and marking it up 100% because there’s few available. A lot of the time the PDC only shows 1 but actually has many 

• Like 1

Are you able to test your harness and repair the faults that you find within the harness?   I have taken wire harness's and ohm'd wire's end to end and a physical inspection of integrity, on the plug ends and the tightness and tension of the terminal's.. and made repair's.  Since it is an '04 , the wires are all white and have the path printed on them, so you can pick a plug end, and write down the wire code, and follow it to its end and  use the code flow chart to find an issue within the circuit.    Lot's of word's here but if you think about it...  it's not really complicated...   jojo

• Like 1

I have posted my opinion a few times...  Why????  because a harness is not in stock, and it is over a thousand dollars...  If  you take the time to ohm it or just plain remove it and string it up in your shop or a room in your house if you have too..  and check every wire related to the fault codes or just every wire..  yes it is tedious and takes hours... but it doesnt cost thounsands of dollars...  buy a cheap ass dvom from harbor frieght,  and you can buy good wire and terminals and heat shrink at NAPA,  and make pro repairs..  and as far as 'pin tension' in the plugs...   you can improve the connections with a cheap ass, pick set..  from harbor freight.. ..  jojo

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I have posted my opinion a few times...  Why????  because a harness is not in stock, and it is over a thousand dollars...  If  you take the time to ohm it or just plain remove it and string it up in your shop or a room in your house if you have too..  and check every wire related to the fault codes or just every wire..  yes it is tedious and takes hours... but it doesnt cost thounsands of dollars...  buy a cheap ass dvom from harbor frieght,  and you can buy good wire and terminals and heat shrink at NAPA,  and make pro repairs..  and as far as 'pin tension' in the plugs...   you can improve the connections with a cheap ass, pick set..  from harbor freight.. ..  jojo

Great point , most all of the individual connector ends are still available for the ASET engines. Just last night I replaced the harness end on a 2005 CHN ASET turbo actuator . Anymore the harness can be repaired unless damaged by fire which  was common on the ASET AC engine 

• Like 2

I have 2 here now, one that is burned up...  yes.. You are right...  i have 2 harness's to repair...  I bet I make 1 out of 2... A good solder iron and heatshrink can make a $1200.00 harness new 'enough' to use again, and beat the Volvo B.S..   jojo

• Like 1

https://macktrucks.vg-emedia.com Type in SB221034 , this is all the terminal part numbers for the pins for the connectors on the ETECH  and ASET engines. The connector bodies themselves are harder to look up. The dealership can call parts specs and they will send them the blueprints of the harness with the part numbers of the connector bodies. Just had to do this on Monday on a ASET. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Avlaki said:

These are the codes the truck had 

Sid 22 Fmi 5

Sid 231 Fmi 8 

We tried swapping out the computers.

The S22 code is the Mack 3-2 code rpm sensor on the flywheel open circuit.  The S231 is the J1939 data link between the Ecm’s. These are always green and yellow wires twisted together. 

• Like 1