2007 Mack vision CXN613 FRONT Rear End

Shortdawg67

14 minutes ago, MACKS said:

On a side note,I was told many years ago to always check the rears hot as soon as u park the truck or you will get a false reading because some lube from the top of the carrier will drain down to the bottom making it look full or even over full..

Makes sense 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

there is no gasket, just shims and rtv...  the smaller seal housing directly behind the yoke may have a gasket or o-ring, but if it is not leaking, then there is no need to remove the yoke... dont go heavy with rtv, you dont want to change the bearing preload..  jojo

And if it’s that loose you most likely already have changed the preload. So I’d advise fixing it before driving it again. The one in front would be a seal. It’s not worth the hassle trying to get that yoke off right now. I say that because it’s always a bitch when I take one off. 

What I’m wondering is, since the shop that replaced my front rear end; took that whole section apart and put it back together. This is Now the 2nd back half rear end, but the FRONT of the 2nd back half rear end is the picture I posted… Did they have to mess with that section that I’m now having to do maintenance to??? (If you get what I’m saying 🥲)

You’re having a tough time with this truck. I feel for you bud. Are these the same guys that did your engine rebuild? Don’t worry you will get it all straightened and be good to go for a while. Big trucks big bucks!

• Like 1

I really am bro. It’s a project truck for real. No, I have a separate individual mechanic for the engine rebuild. Then I go to a shop for light maintenance that the company I owner operate to; built.. they’re convenient for accepting payments out of my statements. But as you all have witness, gave me a new rear end lol

• Haha 1