Trans swap issues

Noble1

Have a 2012 CXU had a 3 pedal auto shift that was constant problems.  
swapped it out for a 13sp.  
truck will not start cause it is looking for a nuetral switch or something with the old trans.  What is the best way and proper way to fix this and make it run?  

I am proud of you for replacing the tranny, and making it more of a real truck..  I was wondering if fuse 71 in the EPDM was removed, if it would allow the truck to crank. does the starter turn the engine over? or do nothing..  I have an idea......  jojo

Thanks.  We have 4 Mack’s on our Farm.  The old CH s we have a good old trucks.  This CXU is nice but troublesome.  
I did not pull that fuse, I will and see what happens it doesn’t crank at all.   

Edited by Noble1

Have you tried to jump power to the positive on the starter celenoid at the starter?  it should be a 39MT, which has a small celenoid, bolted to it. there will be a red ring around the pos. wire. turn the key to 'on' and try it..  Please be sure to be in neutral,, sorry, I had to say it.. If it cranks, then probably a software issue, and You can just put a starter button in it..  I did this to a deleted '09 CXU, a few years ago.. It too was a farm truck, and the farmer was cool with my repair..  

Premium Tech Tool...  To me is the best..  Try to jump it, if it works and you test drive the truck without issues, you can just leave it as is..  Be sure to put about a 25 amp fuse in the starter button circuit. You can use one of the 'Key Power' posts under the top panel on the dash.. it can easily be a clean installation that is hidden,,  keep in touch, and when you get it fixed, let us 'all' know. It helps other later on..   jojo

well, if the test drive is good, I would just put the starter button in it with a 25 amp fuse..  like I said earlier, you can do  a clean job, and use a power post, in the top fuse panel.. just use one that powers up with the key..  jojo