2005 cv713 Fan won't engage.

Hello good morning,

i'm working on a 05 cv713 dump truck and im new to Mack. i have tested just about all the basics that i can think of at ths point but my problem is the engine fan wont engage! I can manualy engage it it with air it seems to work fine. I have now moved to the electric side of it and have a good 12.4 on th power side but on the ground side i also have like 2.4volts. I have checked the wires and so far so good. any one ever seen this before? Thanks in advance!!! 

Also i don't have any manuels or anything at this time yet!!

Fuse 41 in the firewall mounted fuse panel supplies the air fan solenoid with 12 volts with key on . The ground wire side  of the solenoid  goes to the  engine ECM. It makes the decision to ground the wire and turn on the solenoid. The solenoid can be plumped for either a Horton or Eaton fan clutch. One takes air to disengage ( Horton I believe)  and Eaton works the opposite. Rarely saw a Eaton on trucks past 2001. 

Any chance the little brass shut off valve near the treadle valve is "off"?..  maybe someone before you turned it off..  jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor sperring