1998 ch613(old bowman truck)

cxn613

Throttle will cut out while driving and then come back.  Acts like you turn key off and back on.  When it does this it seems to then put it in a mode were power is limited.  Just recently it will act like you turn the key off and back on just sitting still, sometimes it shuts completely off.   No malfunction light is on and yes the light is working.  Before it started shutting off I did replace the throttle pedal with a complete new one. Thanks

1998 is probably VMAC 2 or VMAC3. There are some really good VMAC experts on here who will be along with a diagnosis. I hade the exact same thing happen to me with a series 60 Detroit. Cut in and out but not go into a limp mode like you are. Ended up being poor connection at the battery to the cable that fed power to the ECU. Sometimes it the simple things. 

3 hours ago, cxn613 said:

Throttle will cut out while driving and then come back.  Acts like you turn key off and back on.  When it does this it seems to then put it in a mode were power is limited.  Just recently it will act like you turn the key off and back on just sitting still, sometimes it shuts completely off.   No malfunction light is on and yes the light is working.  Before it started shutting off I did replace the throttle pedal with a complete new one. Thanks

Is the fuel pump plug still in tact if so try disconnecting it and putting it together a half dozen times and see if this helps your situation it may need re pining ! If it has been hard wired then all bets are off! obviously! If the issue goes away after you do this Either have the plug repinned if you Can find anyone that has the tools OR Hard wire the pump ( Due away with the plug!)

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1