1998 Mack trident

Will

1998 Mack trident with a 470 etech vmac3 engine in it. Not getting full power when accelerating, when giving more accelerator it feels like it’s trying to produce power but then dies. anyone have any idea why? 

cheers

any chance the pedal is worn out? the TPS, can cause this.  does it do it at the same spot? of course there could be a dozen other issues, im just tossing out 1..  Jojo

• Like 1

Could be, haven’t looked there. Basically if you hold the pedal flat it’s doing it, not getting enough fuel or something around those lines. 3-4 code is coming up but have replaced both engine position sensors and still doing it. 

2 hours ago, Will said:

Could be, haven’t looked there. Basically if you hold the pedal flat it’s doing it, not getting enough fuel or something around those lines. 3-4 code is coming up but have replaced both engine position sensors and still doing it. 

I think your on the right track ! I would check fuel filters then check the fuel pressure should have a minmum 60 80  psi under load 

• Like 1

there are 2 ports on the right rear of the block, right in line with the fuel inlet and outlet.  it take's a 1/4" ratchet to remove the plug..  the top one is fuel in and the bottom one is fuel out..   I just did this a few hours ago on an RD..  1/4" NPT threads..  just hook to one of them..  "F" is right about fuel pressure..   My truck was putting fuel into the crank case, pump tested good,  I had 125 PSI fuel pressure..  I re-ringed all 6 EUP's and have a 60 PSI regulator coming in the morning..   Good luck sir...   Jojo

• Like 1

Just for kicks... 3-4 is engine postion...  'cam sensor'...   see if there is a teardrop shim behind the sensor... if so, put it in your pocket. and run the truck again to see if the issue goes away..  jojo